Pre-School and Daycare
Options

What kind of carseat does your 4 year old use?

My newest baby is gonna take over dd's carseat.  I am not sure if i should get her another britax boulevard or to get the frontier model (carseat/booster). Dd is 40 lbs so she still could have another 20lbs left in her blvd. Frontier goes up to 85 lbs i think.  I would love to hear suggestions regardless the brand.  Thanks@

Re: What kind of carseat does your 4 year old use?

• Options
    Britax Frontier...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We turned our Marathons back to RF for DS2 & got DS1 a Graco Nautilus for both vehicles.

Married: '06 - Mom of 3 boys: '08, '11 & '14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use a Britax Frontier in my car and a Graco Nautilus in my DH's car.
  • Options
    Britax Frontier in my car and Britax Marathon in DH
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Graco Nautilus
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    PaigeoPaigeo member
    Britax Frontier.  We will keep her harnessed till probably 5 (she isn't 40 lbs yet) and then use it as a booster.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DD1 is still in her Marathon. She's definitely going to outgrow the height before the weight limit, but she still has one shoulder-strap position left. 

I think we're going to do either a Frontier or Radian as our next seat, when we get to that point. I've done a bit of pre-shopping, and at this point I'm leaning toward the Frontier. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options
    DS is 42lbs and is in his Frontier with the 5 point harness.
  • Options

DD3 is 4, 35 lbs, in a Frontier harness. She can stay in the harness until she outgrows it, which won't be terribly long, I can only raise it two more times.

• Options
    Graco Nautilus
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a Graco Nautilus in all of our vehicles.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD#1 is in a Britax Marathon.  She has been in it since she got out of her infant seat.  When DD#2 needed a convertible we ended up buying a Roundabout for her.  My whole rationale was because both DDs need a booster till age 8 where we live I wanted to make sure the booster I bought for DD#1 would last through till DD#2 needed it.  Probably this Fall we are going to get a Britax Frontier for DD#1.  Once DD#2 outgrows the Roundabout she can move to the Marathon till she is ready for a booster.
  • Options

DD isn't 4, but we just recently got her a Nautilus that she will most definitely be using when she turns 4. She is barely 30lbs now and on the shorter side so she has a lot of time left in it.

In my DH's car she rides in a Complete Air. It has a really tall shell so I think she'll still be in that when she's 4 & beyond. It should fit her well until she is mature enough/big enough for a high back booster. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    Frontier because of it's high height limits (highest on the market I believe). Both my girls are really tall, and DD1 has a long torso, so she needs that! She's only around 37 lbs right now, at 4.5. And she still falls asleep in the car at times, so she definitely needs that 5pt harness for a while still.
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    Britax Frontier.   He is almost 5 and we have started booster training around town. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Graco Nautilus.  The harness goes up to 65 lbs.  DS is only 35 lbs and 40", so he'll be in it for quite a while still.
  • Options
    DS is still in the marathon, but I will be buying him a frontier once this baby needs the marathon (ds will be 5 by then)

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We have two Britax Frontiers.
  • Options
    Graco Nautilus
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Britax Roundabout with a 5-pt. harness. Thinking of moving her to a Frontier or Marathon to keep her in the 5-pt. once the baby is here and older. DD is teeny tiny and will probably be in the harness for awhile.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"