August 2012 Moms

Repost from PGAL: 1 cm dilated at 32 weeks

I did not expect to be told this today since two weeks ago my cervix was still long, tight and over 4. 

My doctor gave me the option of getting the shot for her lungs and I took him up on it.  got my first one today and I go back for my second tomorrow morning.  

I'm shockingly calm about this. Earlier this week we had a growth u/s and she is weight 4lbs 4oz and in the 54th percentile and I really think that is helping me, know she is so big already and knowing if I can keep her in at least another 2-3 weeks she will be tiny, but we should be ok. Are those crazy thoughts?

He didn't put me on bed rest, yet. He is going to see if I progress at all next week. I have an NST on Monday again and a second on Wednesday with a cervix check. I have been having some contractions, but nothing crazy.

I just really didn't expect this today. Anyone else dilated at 32 weeks and what was your experience - go early or stayed there till the end?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Repost from PGAL: 1 cm dilated at 32 weeks

• T&P your way!
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have no experience to share, but I am sending you and baby Keira lots of T&Ps that she stays in there as long as possible <3  Hang in there, and KUP!

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't been checked yet (I think my doc starts checking at like 35 weeks?), but I know with DD I stayed stuck at 1cm for weeks and weeks all the way up till my due date.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BFing SAHM to 2 under 2
    DD Annelise Madison (Sept 24, 2010) ? DD2 Madalyn Elizabeth (July 11, 2012)
    Bloggin' // www.SWEETSEPT.livejournal.com
  • quezzoquezzo member

imagebabyike:
    I have no experience to share, but I am sending you and baby Keira lots of T&Ps that she stays in there as long as possible <3  Hang in there, and KUP!

She has an eviction date of 39w no matter what, It would be nice if we could at least make it to 36 though, 

• I always say that I would be really happy to make it to 30 weeks if I HAVE to have a preemie. In a perfect world 34 weeks is the ultimate goal, but I will definitely take 30 weeks  over everything earlier. The fact that you are getting steroids is awesome, that makes a world of difference in the NICU course. Hopefully you sit at 1 cm and don't change anymore!

TTC #3 since Feb 2014 DS 1: 2010 DS 2: 2012
  • quezzoquezzo member
    imagetriagain2:

I always say that I would be really happy to make it to 30 weeks if I HAVE to have a preemie. In a perfect world 34 weeks is the ultimate goal, but I will definitely take 30 weeks  over everything earlier. The fact that you are getting steroids is awesome, that makes a world of difference in the NICU course. Hopefully you sit at 1 cm and don't change anymore!

I know that shot will help so I am very glad he offered it to me! 32 weeks also feels really big to me. Everything on the bump size thing this week was about going early and premesie.

• I got the shots yesterday also but for pRe-e. People are saying they usually take them 2 weeks after the shot because it wears off and my doctor didn't really answer to this. I pray I can keep them in to 34 plus weeks- 33 is when they get your antibodies. My twins eviction is 37 weeks but he said it would be a miracle if I made it that long. I've been prepping for the hospital and am on rest. I wish I was calmer, I am but I'm not sleeping as well and praying to keep my mild pRe-e mild! GL to u!!!!!
  • irerirer member
    No experience or advice with this, but hoping baby stays put for as long as possible and will be thinking of you.  
  • I've heard (although I don't remember where) that some women spend the majority of their 2nd+ pregnancies dilated about 1 centimeter.  I don't think it means anything except that your body has done this before and that it's preparing.  Hope that's the case for you!!  If not, getting the shot for her lungs was a good call, and although it would be tough to have a 32 weeker, she would probably be fine after several weeks in the NICU.  Take it easy, Momma!
  • Last pregnancy dilated at 32 weeks, put on limited work schedule and pevic rest. 3cm at 36 weeks and 4cm when I went in for my induction at 39 weeks. At every appointment/NST after 35 weeks nurses would say, we won't see you next week.

Hope baby stays in cooks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"