Washington Babies

OB/Midwife Practice supportive of VBAC East of Lake WA?

Any recs?

I am thinking Bellevue/Kirkland area.

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: OB/Midwife Practice supportive of VBAC East of Lake WA?

• Evergreen is the only place on the Eastside VBACs are allowed.  Their midwife situation right now is kind of tight (only 2).  Maybe someone else will have names of OBs. 

If you really want a VBAC (and a midwife), drive across to Group Health (don't have to have Group Health insurance to birth there).  They have the best VBAC rates in the area (90% success).  Evergreen is about 50%.

• I know the OBs at Swedish Issaquah are open to it, so you might want to check that out too.  I am seeing one (but not for a VBAC). They have 1 midwife in their practice that you can see too, but obviously that isn't as full delivery coverage as Evergreen used to be.  Overlake OB (overlake or swedish issaquah) has 2 midwives but I don't know if they do VBAC.

Evergreen is opening a hospital based midwife program this fall, so they should get back to full coverage.  The VBAC question is still up in the air with that program, as far as I know.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Second the nomination for Group Health.  My good friend had her successful VBAC there, at the recommendation of multiple doulas and midwives.  Based on the research she did, I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I'll probably be moving there with my next pregnancy as well [despite living 15 minutes from Evergreen].
    J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a successful vbac at Everygreen with Center of Women's Health.  My doctor is Karen Wells.  There are both Midwives and doctors in the office and all are supportive of vbac.  Best of luck!  It is the best experience ever. 
  • Thanks so much ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"