December 2011 Moms
Options

s/o: mum mum cracker people

Does the fact that they are made in China steer anyone away from these?  I almost picked up a box at Target the other day, but I saw that they were made in China and decided against it.  The many recalls they've had for tainted food and the big baby formula recall make me a little nervous, although I've never seen any recalls for this specific company.  I'm probably just paranoid.  I was just curious what other people's thoughts were.

Wholesome Baby Food has a recipe for teething biscuits that I may try to make this week.  Here's the link if interested:

https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/teethingbiscuits.htm

ETA:  I don't want to come across as a psycho who thinks all food from China is unsafe, I know there is unsafe food here in the US too.  I'm not paranoid about what I eat, but with LO, I am more so.  I'm even very picky about the dog food I use, LOL! 

Re: s/o: mum mum cracker people

• Options

I totally get where you're coming from.  I don't really want toys from China much less the baby's food.

Thanks for sharing the link.  I don't think it's that much of a stretch to make homemade biscuits if I'm already making purees, yogurt and baby popsicles.

PS> your new siggy pic is super cute!  My DS thinks the dogs are the best, he gives the best belly laughs to them.

• Options
    I gave them to my first two and will with this LO as well. I've never heard of and problems with them or a recall. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I give the organic ones to DD with no plans to stop.  I tried all the homemade biscuits with DD1 and mum mums were still the favorite.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I just gave them to DS for the first time yesterday and he loved them, I think I'll keep giving them to him unless I hear of a specific problem. I get where you're comming from though.

I love your new siggy picture!

Here we go again! 2 u 2 :-) BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    C really likes them. Unless I hear of issues with them, I'll continue to give them to him.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Jude has had some at daycare.  I'm not too worried and I am the queen of knowing where my food comes from, blah blah blah.  Actually, I would say that I think US food standards are nearly as subpar as Chinese.  Have you seen how factories and meat processing plants are regulated? 

• Options
    imagerobynlynn83:

Jude has had some at daycare.  I'm not too worried and I am the queen of knowing where my food comes from, blah blah blah.  Actually, I would say that I think US food standards are nearly as subpar as Chinese.  Have you seen how factories and meat processing plants are regulated? 

Yeah, I know our food here is far from perfect. In the past though, china has been the top violator of US standards and there have been several issues with baby food, formula, and toys. But like I mentioned, I never saw anything specific to this company. I'm probably just paranoid and wanted to get other people's thoughts. 

• Options

I gave these to my DD and will to LO as well.  I looked into it and the milk powder is US, not Chinese and I recall a Bump mama having her FDA husband test some batches for contaminants and it came back fine.  That was enough research for me!

• Options
    We have the organic ones, they are USDA certified I believe. DS loves them so we'll continue to give them unless I hear of a problem.
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options
    imageiluvmylab:
    imagerobynlynn83:

Yeah, I know our food here is far from perfect. In the past though, china has been the top violator of US standards and there have been several issues with baby food, formula, and toys. But like I mentioned, I never saw anything specific to this company. I'm probably just paranoid and wanted to get other people's thoughts. 

I'm hesitant about China too.  I'm a food freak, everything I read about mum mums seems ok.  We have organic as well (not that it means much).  Jude seems to dig them and anything to get him to sit happily through dinner ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"