Texas Babies

Babymoon ideas?

I am at 6 and a half months pregnant. Hubby and I want to take a little trip somewhere before the baby arrives. I originally wanted to go to Denver because I love it there and love the hiking. But hubby says no hiking because he is worried about it being too much for me to handle. He wants to go to Fredericksburg or somewhere else to stay at a Bed & Breakfast or a Spa or something. To me, that sounds boring. All there is to do is shop and do "spa stuff" and I am not a big shopper and hate spas. I want to do something fun and see interesting things. Anyone have any good ideas that are not too expensive or boring?

Re: Babymoon ideas?

• The beach, here in TX or even Florida, New Orleans, Big Bend (you could probably do some leisurely "hiking." You could even look on Southwest Flights--they usually run specials for somewhere close-ish and affordable.

Hope this helps and enjoy your babymoon!!

• If I was trying to get away, but not too far, I would think of taking a road-trip to either Dallas or Houston. They're big cities, so there is always something to do, and it's far enough away to feel like a getaway. When we go to the Houston area we like to go to the Kemah Boardwalk and Galveston. If I were you I'd still pick Denver and agree not to go hiking : )  I hope that you can find something you will enjoy!

• Loading the player...
  • We went to Montreal with our first.  Sometimes flights from here can be quite reasonable.  It was awesome.  Chicago is a quick trip and flights can be had for cheap too.  There are so many things to do in Chicago from museums, to amazing food, to music and then shopping
  • If you want to hike, Fredericksburg has Enchanted Rock which is a lot of fun to hike and there are trails that you can do around the "rock" as well for easier hiking.  I would just worry about the heat!  It's not too pleasant at this time of year!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"