Preemies

Formula

Up until now, I've been an exclusive pumper. But, I'd like to start giving 1 bottle of formula / day. My pedi suggests that I stick w/ higher calorie types made for preemies. What does everyone use? If possible, id like an organic brand, just not been able to find any yet.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Formula

• DrRxDrRx member
    We use Neosure.  I asked about using the Enfamil type of preemie/higher calorie formula, and my pedi strongly recommended to stay with Neosure.
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Walmart sells a generic version of neosure. It is SO MUCH cheaper.  I wish they had it with Gabe!
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • ashk7ashk7 member
    We also use neosure, if you sign up on similac's website they will send you coupons! 
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Our NICU nutritionist approved an organic formula, Earth's Best, to supplement my breast milk. As my milk supply tanked, we had to use more and more formula (I'm only producing 6-8 oz. a day of breast milk at this point, but trying to build it back up), and Earth's Best was bothering his tummy.

So we switched to lactose-free Baby's Only. It's organic but it's labeled as a "toddler formula," but the reason they label it that way is because they encourage breast-milk-only for the first year, but it's still fine for infants who need formula.

I'm actually about to start making homemade goat's milk formula... LOL, yeah, we're pretty crunchy around here.... (this is where I got the recipe from:)

https://oreganicthrifty.blogspot.com/search/label/raw%20goat%20milk%20baby%20formula 

Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • My son is on neosure, and I still have to concentrate it to make it 27 cal. it's the only one his drs will let him be on, as the highly recomend it.
    My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • My DD is on Gerber Good Start Gentle. She hasn't really had any tummy issues. In the NICU she was on Neosure, but once she hit month and half they took her off.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"