Preemies
Options

Anyone watch the show "NICU"

My mom told me about this show and I started recording it on DVR.  I broke down crying every episodes because it brought back so many good/awful memories and feelings.  I think it helped me heal a little bit to be honest.  I was able to let go of some of those feelings I still have bottled up.  I'm not sure if it's playing anymore bc I haven't had any new recordings tape.  It's worth watching for those who have cable.
+hpt on December 27th, 2010--miscarriage and D&C at 12 weeks--angel taken too soon but never forgotten Clomid started June 2011-- +hpt July 2, 2011--grow baby grow :) Chance Bryant born @ 31 weeks due to abruption Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone watch the show "NICU"

• Options
    I never heard of it before... but two episodes are airing on June 18th so I just DVR'ed it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My first reaction is, "Why would I want to watch it when I LIVED it!" Haha.

On the other hand, I'm all for raising awareness.  Shows like this let people who haven't been though it some sort of idea of what we experienced...and I think that's a good thing.

PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah...I won't be watching that....
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    What channel is it on?
    Me: 39 DH: 35 - TTC #1 since October 2010
    BFP #1 2-1-11 Missed Miscarriage 3-14-11(9 wks)-D&C
    BFP #2 9-17-11 EDD 5-29-12
    Edward James born 3-14-12 weighing 1lb11oz at 29w1d via c section due to low fluid and growth restriction from crappy placenta.
    My BFP Chart
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers <a href="http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/sbphotos1/?action=view
  • Options
    What station is this on??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If we had cable, I'd watch it. Someone on another preemie board said she doesn't like it in a way because the cases they focus on are the ones that can get neatly wrapped up in half an hour (or an hour or however long the show is) and they don't focus so much on the really long-term cases. Did you find that to be true? I still would like to watch it either way... I think it could be therapeutic in a way.
    Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    No need to watch...I have NICU flashbacks running through my head all the time as it is
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I will have to double check to see what station it is on bc I cannot remember.  Yes some of the cases are short but there are others that are very small babies that need a lot of help.  But I agree, they can't possibly show everything that goes on in a 30 minute period.  Especially when they are telling 4 different stories at a time.  I like the awareness because i'm tired of all the offensive comments I get about my son being a premie.  Some people say the dumbest things!
    +hpt on December 27th, 2010--miscarriage and D&C at 12 weeks--angel taken too soon but never forgotten Clomid started June 2011-- +hpt July 2, 2011--grow baby grow :) Chance Bryant born @ 31 weeks due to abruption Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

C'mon y'all - this is low level Googling! Teasing, but I did get the info for everyone. I don't know if I could watch it - just the website is a punch in the head. Maybe after more time passes. I think it's great for people unfamiliar with NICU. I literally knew nothing about preemies when I had one.

https://health.discovery.com/tv/nicu/

This came up in the same g-search - we can creep on other preemie mom answers:

https://www.circleofmoms.com/moms-of-preterm-babies/does-watching-the-tv-show-nicu-help-you-get-over-your-sadness-from-you-baby-s-preterm-birth-567012 

• Options
    I watched this show a few years ago and it did hit close to home. Are they airing new shows?

• Options
    Definitely going to DVR this one. Our babysitter just started as a nurse in a NICU in a very low income area and she always shares with me insanely sad stories about the babies there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"