Houston Babies
Options

Midwives, Natural Birthing Centers, Home Birth, etc. in North East Houston

Anyone have midwives, natural birthing centers, doulas, etc. to recommend that you or someone you know used and had a great experience with in the North East Houston area?...Kingwood, Humble, Atascocita areas. We're having our second and had a less than happy hospital delivery with our first and looking to avoid hospital birth if the pregnancy is low risk. Willing to go as far as The Woodlands if necessary.

Thanks in advance! 

Re: Midwives, Natural Birthing Centers, Home Birth, etc. in North East Houston

• Options

We live in southern Houston inside the loop, and make the hike to the Woodlands to Nativiti birth center.  We love it there!  I have never heard a bad word or a bad story about them, ever (and I have about some of the other birth centers in the area.). Our doula actually delivered one of her children there and loved it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Which ones have you heard negative things about? Curious so I can avoid them lol! I'm actually hoping for a home birth if it's possible.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd pm you if I could figure out how, lol.  The two I've heard negative things about are Bay Area Birth Center in Pasadena (if you poke around google enough, I'm sure you can find the same info) and North Houston Birth Center, although that was more of personal opinion by someone that they didn't like it, not that there was anything wrong with it per say.  I know that there is a midwifery practice in Katy that does home births, but it wouldn't have been the right it for us since religion/spirituality was a big part of their practice...I'm sure there is someone out there for you to home birth with!  Our doula had a home birth after her one at the birth center, but I don't know who she used...you could probably call a few doulas or even a birth center and ask if they have any recommendations for you.  Our doula is part of www.tlcdoulagroup.com if you need someplace to get started!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Hi there!

There is Magnolia Birth Center,  Katy Birth Center,  and Nativiti Birth Center in your area. There are also a great number of midwives and doulas in your area too! I can definitely give you personal recommendations if you want to pm me.

• Options

Hello-

I dont know if you are still searching for a doula but I highly recommend Nina Bassett from Bassett Baby Planning. The number is 1-855-455-2229.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"