North Carolina Babies
Options

carseat?

Ok so we are looking into buying a carseat for our son. He is already close to 16lbs and is very tall also. He is so heavy in his infant seat. So I think I have it down to three choices. The Evenflo Triumph, Graco ComfortSport,, or the Radian 65. I just can't see spending over $200 on a carseat right now. Please help. Or if you have any other suggestions.

Re: carseat?

• Options

We have the Evenflo Triumph and we love it.  It was tied for 1st with consumer reports for safety, but at less then half the cost for the other one.  We also really like that the knob to tighten/loosen the straps is on the side, so its easy to use.

Good luck!

• Options
    We just bought our second Alpha Omega Elite  $169 I think (for the other car). We used it RF from about 7 months and just turned DS around. It is a little narrower than the other seats. Some of the reviewers complained about it being a PITA to install. If you aren't moving it between cars it's really no trouble at all once the straps are in the right spots. We have liked it so far in both RF and FF positions. Just my .02!! The triplets are adorable!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the Evenflo Triumph in both cars.  BabyHill preferred it to the infant seat.  It's pretty easy in and out.
  • Options
    We just purchased The First Years True Fit Convertible Car Seat.  The Evenflo one does not go high enough up in weight for us, but it was our runner up.  Alex is already 20 pounds and 27.5 inches so we couldnt see spending money on something that he may outgrow really quickly.  This one came in right at 200 with tax, but there is free shipping and I had a $25 credit so we got a pretty decent deal on it.  It gets really good reviews, most of the bad reviews are about the crotch strap, which I found out is now adjustable.  We dont have it yet, but I did a lot of reading up on carseats, going into stores and "testing" them out, etc.  This one goes up to 65 pounds which is a bonus when most only go to 40.
  • Options
    We have the Evenflo Triumph and love it!  Ours goes up to 65 lb, so I'm not sure which seat toads was looking at that only went up to 40.  The Evenflo is comparable to the Britax, only cheaper.  I'm not sure what kind of car you have, but it is big, but no bigger than the other larger covertible seats.  I'm assuming you've already looked into size though.  I really like the knob on the side that it adjusts with, although when it's rear facing it does fit tight against the back of the seat, but that hasn't been a problem for us.  DS is super comfy in it and it will last until he's ready for a booster seat.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"