Baby Names

Double Name with Jane

We're from the south and so we love double names. We would like to use Jane. We have definitely ruled out Mary Jane and we are looking for suggestions as we have only come up with a few possibilities.

Sarah Jane

Emily Jane

Lily Jane 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Double Name with Jane

• I'm all for double names (NC) but aren't they usually family names by tradition?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love double names. Sarah Jane is gorgeous.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageBlueRidge8:
    I'm all for double names (NC) but aren't they usually family names by tradition?

I taught several kids with family Surname (mostly paired with Mary) double names and those are fine, but not what we are going for. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like Sarah Jane.

Jane Ann is cute too. Those are MIL and my mom's names, so it would be cute for us. 

DS plays with an Ella Jane. 

• There's a little girl in the church nursery with DS whose name is Sarah Jane... I think it's very pretty!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I love Eliza Jane.

Yes, like the song.

• I love, love, love double names.

Liza Jane is my favorite, but the ones you've listed are nice as well. 

• imagescoutkate:

I love, love, love double names.

I really like Eliza Jane and Liza Jane, but wasn't sure if the song would be the first thing everyone would think of.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • LoCarbLoCarb member
    Sarah Jane is very pretty
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Of those three, Sarah Jane is my favorite.
    GO HOKIES!

• imagessisland:
    imagescoutkate:

I love, love, love double names.

I really like Eliza Jane and Liza Jane, but wasn't sure if the song would be the first thing everyone would think of.  

If they do, so what?  Elizabeth Mitchell, a kiddie musician that we love, sings an awesome version of it.  It could be her theme song!

• My old boss' daughter was AnnaJane...I always loved it.  They were hippies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBlueRidge8:
    I'm all for double names (NC) but aren't they usually family names by tradition?

I didn't think so. I love double names too but have only heard a very small percentage that included family names.

Around here its usually names likes, "Mary Margaret, Anna Katherine, etc". Of course there are always the "Mary Crawford"s but I think the trend has been moving away from that for a long time as it just doesn't sound very feminine.

OP, I like Anna Jane, Ella Jane, Laura Jane,  Lacy Jane, Molly Jane, Hannah Jane, Virginia Jane, Rebecca Jane....

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Ooh, you could also consider Eleanor Jane, who could be called Nora Jane, Nellie Jane, Nella Jane, etc.

• One of our names on our list (hypothetical kids) is Savannah Jane. Jane is one of those names that is nice and classic so it's easy to pair with another name. I'm also biased towards Sarah Jane (I'm a Sarah).  Can't go wrong with 2 classic names.
    "Let it Be"
    "I wanted it to be you, I wanted it to be you so badly"
  • I'm Sarah Jane (fn/mn). I went through phase when I tried to get people to call me by both names, but it never caught on.

So, another vote for Sarah Jane.

I also liked the pp's suggestion of Anna Jane.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I think the only one that makes sense to me is Sarah Jane.
    imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Love Jane!  Its on our short list.  Sarah Jane was the name of Aunt Pittypat from Gone with the Wind.  We are considered Emmeline Jane.  And I LOVE Lily.  Its my special indulgence name that DH vetoed.
    together since 2006
    full time stepmom to SS1 and SS2 since 2010
    married since 2011

TTC since 7/2011 (no planned bc since 2008)
    HSG 11/2011: one blocked tube
    S/A 2/2012 and retest S/A 3/2012: normal
    Bloodwork: normal
    2nd HSG 5/2012: clear
    Femara cycle 5mg #1 7/14/12 + IUI #1 7/23/12 = bfn
    New RE appt 8/14/12
    IVF #1 meds 8/30/12. ER 9/14/2012: 7 retrieved, 6 fertilized. ET 9/19/12: 1 perfect embryo 5dt.
    Beta #1 BFP! 97
    Beta #2 234
    Beta #3 4937
    ultrasound #1 heart beat 127
    10/20/12 graduated!!!
    EDD 6/7/12
    Team PINK!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love Lila Jane!
  • I really like Sarah Jane and the suggestion of Eleanor Jane, nn Nellie Jane.

Other ideas:

Lucy Jane
    Cara Jane
    Cora Jane
    Elsa Jane (nn Elsie Jane)
    Ivy Jane
    Tessa Jane

• Love double names!

I really like previous suggestions of Anna Jane, Eliza Jane, and Nellie Jane.

I also like Sarah Jane with the nn Sadie Jane.

Elizabeth Jane with the nn Betty Jane or Libby Jane.

Katherine Jane nn Katie Jane.

• I had a roommate in college named Sarah Jane (FN MN not double name) and I always called her by her full name!  I love it!
    My goal for 2013...Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"