Preemies

XP: Wait, what? 4 month checkup already??*Adalyn update*

DrRxDrRx member

Today we had Adalyn's 4 month well-checkup appointment with the pediatrician.  She tipped the scales at 8 pounds 4 ounces (3.76kg), which was an increase of almost 1/2 pound (200 grams) in just 1 week! Her length and head circumference stayed pretty much the same,  but that can be normal due to it only being a week.  She is still less than 2% percentile, but her pedi said that she is following her own growth curve very well and isn't concerned at all.

Her pedi said that we can also start trying to feed her rice cereal with a spoon once a day at our discretion.  She said that she may not really be able to do it since she may not have the eating reflex down, but that it's worth a try.  If not, she said to give her the rice cereal in the bottle to get her body used to it.  She said that at 6 months she would really like to start Adalyn on vegetables.  I can't believe that this is already happening! I don't know if we'll start it tonight (since she got her shots today), but I'll report back when I do!

She got 2 immunizations today, and she was such a trooper! All morning I felt guilty because she would look at me with such contentment when I was feeding her a bottle, and all I could think was that I was going to take her to get shots and she had no clue!   She cried her pouty mouth cry for less than 1 minute, and wanted to be held instead of in the carrier (until we got to the car), but other than that did pretty well.  She's laying on me right now, somewhat wrapped in the Moby wrap, and is sucking away on her pacifier sleeping soundly.

IMAG0565
TTC Since July 2008.
Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
FET 1 3/2013 BFN
FET 2 5/2013 BFN
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: XP: Wait, what? 4 month checkup already??*Adalyn update*

• That is fantastic!  Great to hear your beautiful little girl is growing!
    Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • ashk7ashk7 member

She is so cute! Congrats on all the progress!!!! 

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Great picture! I'm a pharmacist too.  If you don't mind my asking, where did you get her onsie?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Way to go Adalyn! Keep up the growing!

• Pips09Pips09 member
    Wow- look how big she is!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• DrRxDrRx member
    imageJenCamp515:
    Great picture! I'm a pharmacist too.  If you don't mind my asking, where did you get her onsie?
    We got it as a gift at our baby shower from DH's cousin's wife, who is also a pharmacist.  I think she told me that she had a neighbor who sews, and she made it and then just sewed it onto a onesie.
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • She looks amazing. I can't believe how fast time has gone. We have our 4 month appt coming up soon!!!

Rice cereal already? Slow down babies 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Wowie, 4 months?!?!! Amazing! (Wow, that made me realize Jack will be 4 months in 8 days! Yikes!) I didn't realize preemies started solids based on their actual age... that is good to know! 
    Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageJuliaJAG:
    Wowie, 4 months?!?!! Amazing! (Wow, that made me realize Jack will be 4 months in 8 days! Yikes!) I didn't realize preemies started solids based on their actual age... that is good to know! 

Actually, you'll hear different recommendations from different pediatricians.  My pedi recommended waiting until at least 4 months adjusted to start solids to allow LOs digestive tract to mature and reduce the risk of food allergies.  The dietician on the unit I work suggested waiting until 6 months adjusted for the same reason. Also, both Kellymom and LLL recommend that a baby should be developmentally ready-meaning they are sitting up on their own, showing interest in food at mealtimes, etc.  My son is a little over 5.5 adjusted/8 actual and we just started trying rice cereal, and although he had all the developmental signs of being ready, turns out not only was he less than impressed by the cereal, he also hasn't lost his tongue thrust reflex. 

image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"