January 2011 Moms
Options

Do you still celebrate

Re: Do you still celebrate

• Options
    RedZeeRedZee member
    Not really. Until 12 months, at every month I took her picture (not with a sign or anything) and measured her against the wall (starting at 8 months when we got the thing we put against the wall). Now I measure her every other month probably and I don't take the monthly pictures anymore. (Especially since they always come out terrible and we have yet to print any.) But I definitely take note of it and think "are you kidding? she's that big already??"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    I try not to think about it. She's almost 17 months and I'm in total denial. I will keep saying 16 months until the 9th :p
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No - I did not really celebrate the month birthdays during the 1st year. 

I know this is my last baby & do not want to acknowledge that he is getting older.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did monthly until 1, and now I do quarterly lol...so 15, 18, 21...pretty much every time we have to go to the pedi :( I was just thinking jeez, she is turning 1.5 this month!!!
  • Options
    Sort of...Smile

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not really.  I took her picture every month on the 20th the first 12 months but now I just think "Holy crap, another month already!?" and look back at pictures of how big she was this time last year.  A lady at the post office today asked how old she was and when I said 16 months she responded "Oh getting close to 2!"  NO! No lady!! She is NOT close to 2!  She is still a baby and even with my giant stomach and E being so long its getting hard to, I still like to hold her like a little baby in the morning while she drinks her sippy cup. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nope. Not any more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"