Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Anyone else not enjoying newborn phase?

The newborn phase as FTM wasn't for me.  I hated it.  Guess what?  I hate it this time too.  The no sleep, the uncertainty, being attached 24/7 to little one.  Don't get me wrong, I love her so much, but hate this phase when they are so dependent and I feel like I have no life and everything seems so much worse when ALL I want is sleep!  I actually loved it for the first couple weeks.  She was sleeping awesome,  even STTN a couple times, and I was just in la-land with her.  Then the reflux started, all the gas, and the sleeping stopped.  Now I'm just wishing for her one year birthday when things seem to get easier.  Am I alone?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else not enjoying newborn phase?

• Options
    I'm a FTM and I can tell you that I do not love this phase. It is exhausting and everything is harder on no sleep. But everyone says it gets easier as time goes on, so I am just trying to stay positive! And I feel like the last 4 weeks have really gone by so fast...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You are not alone. Between postpartum body images, growth spurts, breastfeeding and a cranky baby I can not wait for the newborn phase to be over! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know they get so much more fun as they get older, but the newborn phase is so sweet and so short, I really try to enjoy it.  Seeing him fall asleep on my chest is just priceless.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • Options

::raises hand::

I can't wait until she's older and a little more fun and can entertain herself ... and less dependent.   plusandaslo i can't wait for her to STTN.  Ugh.

image""> Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel the same way infact knowing that it gets easier at the one year mark, even the six month mark makes me want this phase to fly by but I know I will kick myself because when things get better I always look back and realize they'll never be that small again, especially since we are done having more kids after this. So I try to soak it up BUT it's hard especially sine she's so fussy and I am SO tired!
  • Options
    aciaacia member

I have no problem admitting I hate the newborn phase.

It's not so much the dependency (because I have a pretty clingy toddler too so what's the difference lol?), just the lack of sleep and dealing with an unhappy, fussy, colicky baby.

I think it would be a totally different experience with an "easy" baby (do they make those?). I could probably deal with the lack of sleep if she was at least happy ore relatively content when she was awake. But she's either sleeping, eating, or miserable - so I can't wait for her to grow out of this phase!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am trying to enjoy this phase because this is our last baby.  I was with you totally with DS three years ago.....he was a colicky nightmare!  DD seems to have a much more laid back personality and hopefully stays that way!!
  • Options
    I am going back to work after 12 weeks and I can't wait!!  I want to feel like myself again.  Talk to some adults. Eat a meal without a screaming (colicky) infant in my arms.  Love him more than life itself but infancy sucks!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options

ME! I can't wait until he's 6 months. That was my favorite age bc they can entertain themselves, but they don't get into a lot. Also they're sleeping better (hopefully) and eating food, so Breastfeeding isn't their only source of food. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemegann831:
    I know they get so much more fun as they get older, but the newborn phase is so sweet and so short, I really try to enjoy it.  Seeing him fall asleep on my chest is just priceless.  

This. I love that I can cradle her little butt and hold her up. I know it won't last and, as an "older" mother, I'm likely to not have a second child. This may be the only time in my life I will have one so little. Even when I'm overtired and stressed, I have to take a slow deep breath and embrace the moment.

• Options
    There are days where I am so in love with the fact that he loves me so much all he wants to do is be held and cuddled and then there's days where all I want to be able to do is put him down so I can brush my teeth! You are not alone! I am a FTM and I'm a bit older than most women I know who have babies so I am pretty set in my ways as far as lifestyle so it is really hard for me to "give that up". Our little man is a homebody in the worst way and doesn't like to go out much (since he is having issues keeping a pacifier in his mouth on his own so this makes it hard to take him anywhere without him screaming!) and I am used to coming and going as I please. I try not to wish this time away but some days all I want is for him to be able to entertain himself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"