Military Families
Options

Pensacola, FL

So my husband is currently awaitng orders and it looks like we might be headed to Pensacola if all goes well. We would be PCS'ing a few months after second baby arrives. I was wondering if anyone had any information about what some good areas to live are. Is it better to live on base or off. What are some of the neighborhoods like if you stay off base. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pensacola, FL

• Options
    Thanks so much for the information! I was beginning to worry that no one was going to help me out here.This will definitely get me going in the right direction. We normally don't live on the bases where we are stationed either, but I didnt know about the surrounding areas in this region. I didnt want to get stuck in a bad neighborhood.  Dh will be an O1E when we get there. I dont mind driving places that doesn't bother me so much. We were previously stationed in Hawaii so I know all about traffic! hahaha.. I just want a nice neighborhood for the kiddos! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was there for 8 months while I was going through school. I was single then and living in the barracks, but I had a friend who was pregnant and had base housing. It was a really nice house (3 bed, 2 bath) just for her and the baby. Then again I had another friend who lived out in town and they loved not being on base. I would live on base for the security, like now. I'm in Lemoore, CA, and I love my house on base. It's really up to you, and you have to figure out what you want. Do you want to be surrounded by military at all times or have a little bit more of the civilian lifestyle?

As PP said, the Blues will be flying all the time, especially in the summer months, so if you don't like loud noise you might want to consider living a little ways from base. It's cool to be able to watch them, like you're own personal free air show, but it does get annoying sometimes. While I was there, a Blue flew too low over the barracks and broke the sound barrier. A few windows exploded. Now they're not allowed to fly so low or break the sound barrier anymore. lol.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"