Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Returning to Support group -- UPDATE

First of all, thank you so much, girls, for all your kind words, support, and encouragement.  I've always deeply appreciated the honesty (in love) this board generates.

The group session went well.  When we walked in they had already started (they usually do this, the guest shows up during/after they've had their last "discussion").  I found my self trying to "cover" my belly, then I'd attempt to keep my hands off my belly to not draw any more attention.  When it was finally our turn to tell our story I started off by being completely honest and telling them how difficult it was for me to return, not just because of the flood of emotions, but because I didn't want to hurt anyone by my apprearance.  After that was out of the way, we started by telling our story of Logan - the loss, the trying to conceive, our relationship, the struggles.  This led into our current pregnancy but I was very conscience of talking about how the loss/pregancy were so related rather than just about the pregnancy.  They were able to ask questions about all of it.  It was like coming full circle for DH and I.  Even he, who has always been less open (verbally) about the loss and the struggles, was able to given his perspective and admitted to things that I knew but had never heard him say.  In a way, I think I might have gotten more out of it then they did!  It was definitely another step in our healing, and in Logan's legacy and I'm very glad we did it.  It was nice to be able to talk about Logan and everything we've been through with the mindset and desire of wanting to help offer hope -- not just to talk about it.

Again, thank you so much ladies!  I mentioned all of you girls (as a whole of course) and how that I would have been completely lost without you all.  I made several references to the "virutal relationships" I've built that mean so much to me and have helped me find some understanding, hope, and healing. 

I miss Logan with all my heart.  But being there last night, talking about him, seeing how far DH and I have come as a couple, as individuals, and as parents  -- it made me feel closer to Logan -- like he was there with me and Ryan cheering us on.

*hugs*

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Returning to Support group -- UPDATE

• Options

That is so awesome I am so glad you were able to go and actual feel like it helped and you were able to help others. . We did this a few months ago we were on a parent panel for hospitals, nurses, social workers and doctors to help them figure out how to handle a loss like ours it was emotionally draining but it really made me feel better about out loss that maybe we helped others in the process.

I'm so happy it went well!!

Heather

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • Options

I think this and you are amazing! Way to take control of your healing process! You should be proud of yourselves.... 

BTW, I would love to do this too. How did you get involved???

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds absolutely wonderful.  I know how much you've helped and inspired me, I can only imagine how much it helped those families to meet you and YH.  Big hugs.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• Options
    So happy it went well! Thanks for updating.

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options
    I am so happy for you that it went well! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thats awesome to hear!  I'm so glad it went well for you and for the group. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes

This is fantastic, I'm glad it went so well.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm so glad it went well for you! I too always talk about my virtual relationships and how thankful I am for all of you!

((HUGS))

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

That is wonderful!  Thank you for sharing.

Hugs,

Jenn 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"