August 2012 Moms

What car seat did you choose?

Give me your infant seat reccomendations ladies.  Feeling a bit overwhelmed here. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What car seat did you choose?

• We got the Chicco Keyfit 30. We love the quality, safety ratings, and reviews. One thing that shys people away from it is the weight but I think this just shows that it's good quality. You will get used to whatever weight your car seat is by carrying it around all the time....if anything, it will work out my chubby pregnancy arms, lol. 
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • ks3pinkks3pink member
    I think it was the Graco Snugride 30.  We chose it because of the larger weight range, it starts at 4 lbs which I felt good about with twins but also goes up further than most I had seen.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Graco Snugride 30. I didn't want a Snugride 35, there is no way I am going to carry an infant seat with a 35lb baby in it, that sounds miserable. I would have been happy with the smaller snugride (I think it is 22lb weight limit) but they didn't have much options of them when I registered, I think they are more standard when you buy a travel system which we didn't do.

Baby Girl Lennon born sleeping 6-18-11 Baby Boy Anderson born healthy and happy 8-17-12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageks3pink:
    I think it was the Graco Snugride 30.  We chose it because of the larger weight range, it starts at 4 lbs which I felt good about with twins but also goes up further than most I had seen.

we went with this as well

lolololo
  • Britax Chaperone because I like the cowmooflage print. And it happens to be pretty safe too!
  • imageMedhp00:
    I'm going with the Britax B-Safe. I'm a FTM, so I'm basically making this decision after research and the recommendation of a friend rather than my own experience. I hope it's as nice as I've been told :).
    This. My DH researched carseats pretty extensively and he decided this was the one for us. We got the B agile stroller with it too.
  • Chicco Keyfit 30. Used it for DS1 and loved it. Using it again for DS2. I was glad to get the Keyfit 30 (takes a baby up to 30 lbs) because my 7lb 12oz (at birth) boy would have outgrown a 20 or 22 pound limit seat by 7 months old. It did get heavy by then, so we took him in and out of the seat instead of taking the seat in and out of the car. It is one of the safest seats available (according to Consumer Reports) which is why we bought it.

We bought it in a Travel System with the Chicco Cortina Stroller. I highly recommend this stroller too.

• abbyfulabbyful member
    We're getting the Britax B-Safe.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kelnyckelnyc member
    Another Chicco Keyfit 30 here. It gets great reviews and fits (and matches) perfectly with my BJ City Mini stroller.  :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Grins04Grins04 member
    We have a Graco Snugride because it's smaller and lighter (baby is heavy enough to carry around, I don't want anything heavier than I need it to be).  The smaller seat is really important for our vehicles, and because I don't plan on carrying a 30lb baby around.  My son outgrew it early by height anyways, not weight. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We chose this one, and are currently on the prowell for another carseat.

https://www.target.com/p/Safety-1st-Travel-System-Applesauce/-/A-13533336#?lnk=sc_qi_detailimage 

• We got the Diono Radian RXT because we're going to have to have three seats across for at least the next 3 years and we wanted all the kiddo's to fit.  

We also have a Britax Boulevard that I love, but it's just too large to be safely installed with the others, and we'd have to upgrade at 65 lbs anyway. 

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
    Home Birthing-Breastfeeding-Cloth Diapering-Baby Wearing-CoSleeping-Delayed/Selective Vaccination Mama to Charlie (5yrs) and Madeline (21mos)
  • babyikebabyike member

Chicco KeyFit 30.  Easy to install/use.  Great safety ratings.  Higher weight/height limit than other brands.  Durable (held up through 2 babies and counting).  Easy to clean (most pieces are machine washable).  

HTH and GL!   

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Chicco Keyfit 30. We bought it for DS and plan to use it again. I love it. 
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Chicco Keyfit 30 as well.  Did lots of research and kept coming back to this one.  
    SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

• Chicco key fit 30 as well, it was rated as one of the best by consumer reports and a few friends have it and love it

Baby #2
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ditto on the Chicco Keyfit 30. This travel system and carseat alone seemed to have the most consistent reviews for everything I was looking at.  I have no idea what my reviews will be after I actually start using it, but for now, it's sitting in my hallway. My most recent post has pics if you wanna check it out. 

July Siggy Challenge: Chambord Pomegranate Margarita. YUM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Chicco Keyfit 30

• We also went with the Britax B-Safe. We got the B-Agile stroller, so it made the most sense. I was torn for a long time over the B-Safe or the Chicco Keyfit 30, but in the end they were very comparable, and knowing we were going with the B-Agile stroller over the BJCM and didn't have to buy an extra carseat adapter for the stroller really won us over. 
    T&Y Est. 7/4/2009

• Based on the safety reviews and a few of our friends' experiences, we're getting the Chicco Keyfit 30, as well. :o)
    imageimageimage
    Anniversary              Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We got the peg perego in Paloma 
  • dganczdgancz member
    Graco snugride 22-I do not remember the style.We used it with my DD and we need another one, since we are having twins.
  • https://www.diapers.com/p/maxi-cosi-mico-infant-car-seat-leopard-pink-200664

Maxi-Cosi Mico in Pink Leopard

I've heard good things about the seats safety and comfort wise AND they are light weight to carry without being unsafe. That and they fit in our stroller.

Also. Super cute bonus! I had looked at a ton of the solid color ones and then we spotted this one, LOVED it. 

• Chicco Key Fit 30 for us!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We discovered that DD's chicco cortina keyfit isnt expired as we had originally thought so we will end up using that. I loved it. 

Our friends gave us a graco snug and ride 35. 

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• Graco Snug Ride 35 I love it :)
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Chicco Keyfit 30 for us too!!
    Photobucket image BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SGC29SGC29 member
    Chicco Keyfit 30. I went back and forth between that and the Peg Perego but decided on the Chicco since it was more adaptable to the double strollers we were looking into.
  • imageks3pink:

I'm a FTM but I got this car seat as well because I love the stay-in-car-base and it has great reviews! Install was super easy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Chico here too. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ccamccam member
    After lots of reasearch, we went with the Chicco Keyfit as well.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Another vote for Chicco Keyfit 30!
    photo judgejudy.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Chicco Keyfit 30 - like PP, we don't mind the weight of the travel system, and we have friends that really liked the system.
  • Thanks ladies.  WOW, a lot of you are going with the Chicco Keyfit 30!  Thank you all for your reccs!! Big Smile

• imageBuona Fortuna:
    imageMedhp00:
    I'm going with the Britax B-Safe. I'm a FTM, so I'm basically making this decision after research and the recommendation of a friend rather than my own experience. I hope it's as nice as I've been told :).
    This. My DH researched carseats pretty extensively and he decided this was the one for us. We got the B agile stroller with it too.

All of this :) 

imageimage

• imageyvdukana:
    We also went with the Britax B-Safe. We got the B-Agile stroller, so it made the most sense. I was torn for a long time over the B-Safe or the Chicco Keyfit 30, but in the end they were very comparable, and knowing we were going with the B-Agile stroller over the BJCM and didn't have to buy an extra carseat adapter for the stroller really won us over. 

This exactly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSayAnything84:
    Graco Snugride 30.

Samesies.

• We are getting the Chicco Keyfit 30 too!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• We went with the Peg Perego Viaggio and its a little on the heavy side but it had great safety and regular reviews!
  • Another Chicco Keyfit 30 here.  We didn't do the travel system and instead are planning on using it with the Baby Trend Snap n Go EX stroller frame.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"