Single Parents
Options

Question about drug counseling

My ex failed his court ordered drug test and was ordered 30 days to meet with a counselor. I just received notice from my lawyer that he met with a counselor and did some group and individual counseling and passed his last random drug test. I was just wondering if anyone knows how long drug counseling is? It can't be only 3 weeks long can it? Will I be able to request future drug tests prior to him visiting with LO? I can't see that he'll get off that easy can I? I just know that when he thinks he's in the clear that he will start using again. Does anyone know the process of drug counseling? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question about drug counseling

• Options
    You can request drug tests quarterly or monthly but they have to be at your expense and you also have to take one. It's several hundred dollars each time- very expensive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageNineoceans:
    You can request drug tests quarterly or monthly but they have to be at your expense and you also have to take one. It's several hundred dollars each time- very expensive.
    Not true in most cases. The drug abuser typically pays. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In our case that's what happened. If we requested them we had to pay and take as well regardless of who the "drug abuser" was
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"