Preemies
Options

I am sick...so hard to stay away from the NICU

...I am having a pity party for myself today. I have a bad cold and ear infection so have not been able to go in to see my son in two very long days. I haven't held him in six days. I thought I just had allergies but stayed away from him to be safe until I started getting worse and realized it is not allergies. This is so hard! I know this sounds selfish bc it isn't about me, but I am afraid he won't know whoo am when I go back....or that he wonders where I am ( do they even do that at this point? He is almost 33 weeks GA...almost a month old). Ugh. Thanks for letting me whine for a bit.
Chemical Pregnancy 2001, Married 8/8/09, TTC April 2011, BFP 5/8/11, Missed M/C @ 9wk5d, D&C 6/21/11 BFP 11/13/11 Chase Everett born at 29wks 0 days on 5/7/12 at 2 lbs 14 oz, 14 1/2 inches long.

Re: I am sick...so hard to stay away from the NICU

• Options
    Missa_gMissa_g member
    Huge hugs, I know that must be very rough!  I have heard of moms in your situation recording themselves talking, maybe reading a story, and having the nurses play it for the baby a few times a day.  Maybe doing something like that would make you feel better?  Praying you feel better soon!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Lots of hugs coming your way! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"