Preemies

DrRx and christie :)

Hey I am now becoming active on here since everything has calmed down. I was in the hospital on bedrest from 28 weeks till 34 when I had to be medically induced. After 24 hours of labor and emergency c-section was done. He was born April 11th. Was in the NICU for a little over 2 weeks. How is your little girl doing??

Re: DrRx and christie :)

• DrRxDrRx member

Hey! We're doing well! Adalyn has been home for almost 5 weeks now and it is SOOOOOO much nicer than in the NICU.  I can't believe that she spent 83 days there.

She is still on the oxygen, but at her pulmonologist appt yesterday he told us that we can take the canulas off when she is satting 92 or higher.  Also, we stopped her caffeine and starting tomorrow (as long as there aren't any problems) she will only have to wear her apnea monitor at night and when she is in the car seat.  She's on the canulas basically when she sleeps her deep sleeps and for some of her feeds.  Today she actually took about 3 or 4 feeds without needing the oxygen! Yay! So, we're just weaning her off of it. 

Her ROP is pretty much as resolved as it's going to be according to her opthmamologist.  He says that she has 90% growth into Zone 3 and it is still mild at Stage 1.  She has another appt with him in 3 weeks, and then after that probably one more after 5 or 6 weeks, and then just once or twice a year. 

She is up to 7.8 pounds and is 20 inches long.  She is feisty as ever, and when she wants to eat, she want to eat! She's got some reflux nd we started zantac yesterday.  I think that it's already made a difference.  She  gets her 4 month shots next week--Can you believe that she is almost 4 months old???????

I go back to work in less than 2 weeks and I'm both nervous and excited.  It feels like going back to school--I'm both looking forward and not looking forward to it.  DH and I have our schedules worked out that one of us will stay with her at home everyday, and one day every week we all have the same day off together.  

How is your little man doing??

TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I am so happy for you guys!!! I remember you being in the hospital and I was so worried about you guys! I cant believe she is almost 4 months old!!

Ruahan is doing great, He is almost 2 months old! When Ruahan was born he wasnt breathing and my blood pressure dropped really bad. My husband almost lost both of us. It took a bit to get him to breathe but he is fine now. Ruahan had to have his tongue cut because he was tongue tied. His lungs were not developed as well as they hoped. His blood counts were looking really odd and kind of freaked out the nurses and doctors for a while. He was in the NICU for a little over 2 weeks. We now have a new worry and that is with his stomach where the umbilical cord was. It isn't fully shut off or something. My milk production depleted after I got an infection from my incision, and had an allergic reaction to the meds. I never was able to bring up my milk, so he is now on formula. (he at least got a month of breast milk)

To let you know 2 may moms have lost their children. One was back in March and the other was yesterday.  You should join the facebook may board... no matter when you had your child you are always a may mom. :)

• Loading the player...
  • DrRxDrRx member

If what Ruahan has is an umbilical hernia, Adalyn has one also.  It's not that serious and should outgrow it as he gets older.  They told me that if it wasn't closed by the time she was 4 or 5, then they could do a surgery.   If he has the groin hernias, however, he will need surgery now. 

I'm glad that his blood counts resolved.  Is he breathing ok now? I stopped pumping about a week after Adalyn came home.  I still have plenty of breastmilk in the freezers.  Sorry to hear that you got an infection, and then had a reaction the medicine on top of that.  How are you doing now?  

Also, YGPM. :)

TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I am ok, just tired.. I was watching a little boy who was 2 weeks older then Ruahan and sadly the little boy had to go. His mom constantly had him on boob and never let him self soothe and never took bottle. So when she went back to work he screamed bloody murder for hours and never took a bottle. The mom told me to tube him.... which is when I told her I could not do it!

Ru is breathing fine now, we almost had to bring a monitor home with him. And the thing they are worried about with him seems more of now then the future. We have had to go in so many more times then regular visits because of it.

• Hey hey. I haven't checked on here in a while. Been so busy with little man and I'm back at work now. Ugh. I wish I was a stay at home mom. 

Aiden is doing amazing. He is now 10 lbs 6 oz. he is such a little chunk. We just upgraded to size 1 diapers. He is still in newborn clothes even though he is 14 weeks old. 

He is doing very well. Being followed by the developmental clinic. He is cooing all the time now and he loves to oft his head. He has some good control over it but is still like a bobble head. We will just wait and see what else he does but he is a strong little man.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"