Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Sleeping Help

My LO is 5 weeks old. She seems to need my husband or I near her at night while sleeping. During the day she does fine napping and takes 1-2 hour naps. Can you offer any suggestions to help with nighttime sleeping? When we get her to sleep and lay her in her bassinet she wakes up shortly afterwards. TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleeping Help

• Options
    We use the arms reach co-sleeper.  It attaches to your bed so LO can feel closer to you, and even see you if you lay close enough to it.  
  • Options
    we got a little round cat bed and have a blanket over it. when LO lays in it, it kinda hugs him so it feels tight and comfortable. he sleeps for a good 4-6 hours in it! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
                                         §Aug15 Siggy Challege: Favorite TV/Movie Mean Girl§
                                                           Dr.Bailey from Grey's Anatomy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you place the little bed in his bassinet?
  • Options
    Are you swaddling?  Maybe it would make your LO feel more secure.  We stopped swaddling around 1 mo and started again once we realized how much better LO slept. 

• Options

imagemuffin0526:
    Do you place the little bed in his bassinet?

i started off putting it in my bed (i have a full size bed and am not currently sharing it)  and then a couple days later put it in his crib. i dont know if he knows the difference. 

Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
                                         §Aug15 Siggy Challege: Favorite TV/Movie Mean Girl§
                                                           Dr.Bailey from Grey's Anatomy
  • Options
    I would recc to try swaddling him. He may not like it as you're wrapping him up, but after you swaddle and then hug him close a bit he'll like it. And then you can roll up receiving blankets on each side and place from his shoulders down (so if he turns his head his mouth isn't blocked) and it'll make him feel even more snug. They did this in the hospital for my baby and we do this at home...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"