Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Co-Sleeping but not by choice

So my 1 month old has decided that she cannot sleep for more than 2 hours at a time at night unless she is in my bed. I do not want to co-sleep. I am not set up for it. I don't like it. But I do like sleep. If I let her sleep with me, in my arms she will sleep 5 hours. If not, it's 2. What do I do?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Co-Sleeping but not by choice

• Options
    You look up the recommendations on how to co-sleep safely. No blankets, pillows, firm mattress, etc. We do all of the above AND have a snuggle nest. DD sleeps great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • Options

I dealt with a 3 hour feeding schedule for the first 2 months; LO ate at 8, 11, 2, 5, and 8 around the clock.  It was rather sucky, but I don't want to get a co-sleeping habit.  At the 2 month checkup, the pedi said to add some cereal to his bottle to help with slight spitup, and the next night he did two five hour stretches in his crib and has since.

ETA: not sure if the cereal was related or a coincidence.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We started bed sharing with DS 1 out of laziness. He slept better in our bed so we slept better. Honestly, I've come to love bed sharing. PP made some great recommendations about safety. Follow those and get some sleep! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I did the same thing with the cereal.  I started adding just a pinch to my LO's bottle before bed and she started sleeping a little longer and then started sleeping through the night it was heavan from then on :)  I refuse to let her sleep in my bed with us as we had best friends of ours did that and the baby died because she got rolled on in the middle of the night :(  Can't get that out of my head.  GL
  • Options

We purchased this and used it for the first time last night. DD loved it and slept for her longest stretch ever- 6 hours. Plus, DH and I were a lot more relaxed knowing she was safe and secure from us rolling on top of her.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3977276

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

• Options
    If you don't want to co-sleep then don't start.  It will be so much harder when you want to stop.  My girlfriend started co-sleeping and is still doing it with her 2 year old. Her and her husband have sex in the spare bedroom!  Luckily I didn't have a choice either because my husband adamantly refuses to have LO in our bed or our room.  He is almost 3 months and sleeps great in his own crib.  And we have sex in our own bed.  
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"