Health & Exercise

What footwear for a yoga class?

So my campus offers free yoga classes to students, and I am going to be attending as of tomorrow. I have comfortable clothing that I can move in but I don't know if I'm supposed to wear shoes?? If you've ever taken a yoga class, what kind of footwear, if any, did you/other students use? TIA!!

Re: What footwear for a yoga class?

• Barefoot. Some people wear socks though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• You can get yoga socks that have sticky pads on the bottom to help keep you from slipping, but most people go barefoot. 

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • Loading the player...
  • JKohioJKohio member

Definitely barefoot! As the pp mentioned, they do make special yoga socks (form-fitting, including individual toes and they have grippy stuff on the bottom), but you certainly don't need them. (If you care to purchase, Target even carries them.) Barefoot is the standard way to go. Enjoy your class!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you so much! I did end up going barefoot, and I really enjoyed it! I've never done any kind of fitness class before this so I was really nervous, and thought I wouldn't be able to do any of the poses, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out I could actually do most of them! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"