Baby Showers
Options

Question about inviting a neighbor to the shower?

A few weeks ago my neighbor (who recently got pregnant) had saw me outside and brought me a booklet filled with different occasion chocolate pops she makes... She said if i had a friend that needed them for a party or if someone was throwing me a shower to have them call her... My mom is throwing me a shower but i didn't mention the booklet to her. Yesterday we were outside and my neighbor comes over to me and asks me if i'm getting a shower and i said yes that my mom was doing it. She's asks if i had gave her the book and i said no i forgot. I did not put my neighbor on the invite list because i don't consider us "friends". Is she pushing for a sale or is she trying to get invited to the shower or both?

Re: Question about inviting a neighbor to the shower?

• Options
    It definitely sounds like she's just pushing for a sale.  I wouldn't invite her to the shower itself if you don't consider her a friend. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Shes pushing for a sale. Don't invite her.  
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    CranangCranang member

imageEastCoastBride:
    Shes pushing for a sale. Don't invite her.  

This 100%.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagedanieliza1127:
    It definitely sounds like she's just pushing for a sale.  I wouldn't invite her to the shower itself if you don't consider her a friend. 

This. WTH? That is just so weird, IMO. 

• Options
    Liz4444Liz4444 member

imageMandJS:
    Sounds like she's pushing for a sale. I would give your mom the info, with the additional comment to use it or not. Next time your neighbor asks, just let her know you passed the info along to your hostess and other than that, you are not involved in the planning process.

This, and if you're not friends with her, I wouldn't invite her.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    ccamccam member

imagedanieliza1127:

This!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    Sounds like she's pushing for a sale!!
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

• Options
    Sounds like she is pushing for a sale.  If you knew her well enough to invite her to a shower you would have already known that she made/sold cake pops.  Right?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"