North Carolina Babies
Options

Newborn Photography at the Hospital

Has anyone delivered at CMC University in Charlotte, NC and used their in-house newborn photographer? I've tried looking for some information online, but can't seem to find any.

Thanks!

*Jesus came to us, so we could go to Him.* Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Newborn Photography at the Hospital

• Options
    JuberPJuberP member

imagenaijawife:
    I use to work p/t for Our 365 and they handle the newborn photos at most hospitals. I am not sure about CMC Univ. but maybe someone here can verify. The photos were decent but I still would get our own photographer to take more pics.

I delivered at CMC Pineville, and yes, Our 365 took newborn photos.  It was neat to have some when DS was a day old, but I would book a photog for after you get home if you want a super cute newborn photo shoot with props.  At one day, DS was all splotchy, with zits and weird coloring.  He looked much more photogenic a few days later.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We had our 365 do it at the hospital.  I really liked it because then you can order the birth announcements and you don't have to deal with it later.  DH is an amateur photographer and took plenty of great pics once at home.  If you don't feel like you want pictures with all the props, I think the hospital pics are a good way to go.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cousin just delivered at CMC uptown charlotte and she said the packages there were $30-$300... when are you due? I'm delivering there...
  • Options

That's who took the pictures at CMC-U when I had DD 2 yrs ago.  We bought the CD with the pictures but I can't remember how much it cost.  The photos were ok, not the best in the world but the day the photographer came was a rough day for both DD and myself so I just wasn't ready for her.    This is one of my favs that she took although if I would have know that she would take pictures of us with the baby then I would have changed into something other then my hospital gown.

From miscarriages, a diagnosis of a bicornuate uterus, and fibroid removal surgery...It's been quite the journey but it was all well worth it. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In my experience, I've never seen great newborn photos done in the hospital except when an outside photographer is hired to do birth photography (lifestyle images).  I highly recommend hiring someone after you get home...and that doesn't mean that props have to be involved either.  You just have to find your style of newborn photography that you like and search for a photographer that does just that.  Babies need a few days to adjust to life outside the womb before being posed.  I only photograph babies between 5 and 12 days old as do most newborn photographers because after about 2 weeks babies may develop baby acne and don't pose or sleep as well during the session.  I wish I knew someone in Charlotte to refer to you!

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"