Adoption
Options

Canadians?

I was just curious if there were any Canadian parents out there adopting and wonder who you are using and how you started?
*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
imageimage

Re: Canadians?

• Options

I'm normally just a lurker, but I am Canadian.  DH and I are planning on starting the process to adopt from foster care sometime soon.  I have done some research on domestic infant adoption and international adoption, but we decided that adopting from foster care was the best option for us.

I wish I could be more helpful but most of the agencies I have researched are Albertan agencies and likley wouldn't be much help to you.

• Options
    I have nothing helpful to say b/c I live in the states now, but I can't resist saying hi to a fellow Canadian! I'm from the GTA, moved about 2 years ago.  I have a friend in Ontario who is adopting through the foster care system.  They started the process this fall and are just about done with their homestudy.  They have been looking at adopting children who are listed on "Adopt Ontario."  Might be worth looking into!  GL!

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are just starting to look into adoption, but like the previous poster, we are Albertan so my research wouldn't really be very helpful to you.  I can't help you much either though because we are, like I said, just starting.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options
    Thanks for the responses!
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"