Adoption
Options

Adoption Prayer Group

Hi everyone, The Adoption Prayer Group is a support group utilizing the power of prayer. If you want to join I will assign you a prayer buddy and all you have to do is simply include that person in your prayers. Very simple-yet powerful!!! The complete listing of partners can be found under Prayer Partners. I usually post on Wednesdays. Feel free to search under Adoption Prayer Group and check in at whatever time of day. If you have any concerns, special prayer requests, or need to reach me outside of the bump please email me at suzannesteward69@yahoo.com.

If you want to join the group and be linked up with a prayer partner please provide the following info: your name, and if you choose your email address. If you?re not comfortable with posting your email address, please feel free to send me a private message with your email address. Prayer Partners: Joe?s Sweet Pea and Silliest Bunny, Katybug_h and Jen is Silly, Sugardumpling and Ginger71, babywisher and firecracker8, julandjo and cogbot, GnomeSweetGnome and srmmm09, kellz (kelliez@charter.net) and Amber, Gracie Sue Nicole and Brenda, Porsha and pinkzebra, Honeydew and Potatohead, MandertheDB and Amy720, Layafette Girl and msamerica, Amyaggie 97 and lizlemmon19.

This Week?s Events: 5/19 ? Amyaggie 97?s home study; 5/24 ? Katybug_h?s hearing; and 5/27 ? GnomeSweetGnome?s 6th wedding anniversary.

Praise: c&dwaiting4our miracle: God has given her and her DH a mom that chose them last Friday. The baby will be born in July.

BMcLeod Team: Her friend is still in the ICU, so still fighting, but deemed ?stable? for the first time since everything has happened!

Amyaggie 97: All of their references are in! The social worker should contact her this afternoon to let her know what day the home study will be. She has started to work on their profile book.

GnomeSweetGnome: She is getting started on their required/recommended reading and making baby steps on their application and homestudy paper work during her break from school. She has already finished one book from the list! 

Special Prayer Requests: Please let me know if you have any prayer requests. Blds4given: Unfortunately, she and her DH will not be able to move forward with their home study because her sister and her sister?s kids are living in the extra bedroom. Her sister?s kids are not cleaning up after themselves and the youngest kid is very defiant. This is causing extreme stress for Blds4given and her DH. Please pray that they will be able to resolve this situation with her sister peacefully.

Zanymermaid: Her DH?s cousin has cancer and she doesn?t have much time left. Please pray for his cousin and his cousin?s family.

Katybug_h: She had a 2nd pre-trial hearing for her foster son last week, and the committee is recommending his plan be switched from reunification to adoption. They have the actual hearing on May 24th to see if the judge upholds the committee's decision.  Also, their file was pulled for a sibling group of two girls. They are up against two other families, and should find out by next week if they were chosen.  Please pray for them as they have a lot going on over the next week or so.  

Silliest Bunny: She had a routine CT/PET scan on 5/10. She is a cancer survivor so she is concerned about the results of this scan. Please pray for good results and her peace of mind. Rachel: Please pray that she will be able to be at peace and less nervous while she is waiting to find out if her application has been accepted.

Lizlemmon19: She is in the process of trying to adopt 1-2 children from foster care in MA. They are waiting on final approval of their home study at the state level. Please pray that they receive their approval soon.

Welcome new members! Please welcome Amyaggie 97 and lizlemmon19!

Reflection for the day: John 10:27-28: My sheep know my voice, and I know them. They follow me, and I give them eternal life, so that they will never be lost. No one can snatch them out of my hand.

Question of the day: If you were going to make a ?bucket list? (list of things to do before you die) what would you put on it? I want to learn how to ride a bike. I also would like to write a novel and travel to Italy and Provence, France. I would like to visit San Francisco again. I also would like to swim with dolphins and participate in mermaid camp at Weeki Wachee in Florida.

Group updates: -If you have any upcoming events (appointments, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) be sure to let me know so I can post them in the events section!!
Suzanne

Re: Adoption Prayer Group

• Options

We had our HS visit this weekend.  It went well, or at least I think it did.  ;-)  She turned in the report on Monday morning and called back on Tuesday to ask a couple of follow up questions the agency wanted her to answer.  A little surprised at how fast the report was done, we hadn't asked for an expedited report but that is what the agency told her to do.

My bucket list would include: traveling to Russia, Virgin Islands, Chile, and Argentina.  Mostly I would like to travel and see new places.

Me- 37, DH- 32. TTC- June 2010- Adoption journey started April 2012 image
  • Options

It has been awhile since I last posted, but baby girl takes A LOT of my time these days (and I would not have it any other way!)

Our ICWA ordeal is OVER!!!!! Praise God. We received a letter yesterday that "the burden of proof of tribal ancestry lies with the applicant's parents to provide appropriate documentation." Thank you to every one for your prayers, kind words and support through all of this. Additionally, our BM 30 day revocation period ended yesterday. And to punctuate it all, it was our wedding anniversary. Even more reason to love May 23!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"