Adoption
Options

Clicked on this board by accident, but I am adopted

Hi. I was trying to click on the attachment parenting board, hit this instead  and read some beautiful posts. I don't know if many other adopted kids have posted, but wanted to say hi and that it is so awesome you are taking this hard journey. 

I never looked at this board because I almost never think/ even realize I am adopted. I have always known I was adopted. My parents never made a big deal of it. I personally never had the urge to look for the bio parents. My brother (also adopted) did for a short time. 

I love and adore my parents and feel so lucky that I was put up for adoption for whatever reason. I know it is so much more work to jump through all the hoops to be able to adopt. Good luck to you all.

Fyi, my mom was told she could never have kids, adopted me and my brother, then got pregnant and had my little sis at age 41. I hope you all get to be wonderful moms soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clicked on this board by accident, but I am adopted

• Options
    I was also adopted and like you never really thought about it much. I have "always" know that I was adopted and like you, never felt the need to search for my biological parents. I now feel as though I have come full circle by adopting my two beautiful boys!

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• Options
    Ahh... thanks for posting.  You made my day!!

While I don't see our family as any "different"... I am mom to two wonderful girls... My insecurities do seep in now and again and make me worry about the future and the adjustment of children that are adopted. 

Post like this help me know that it's all good :) 
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    IRRIRR member
    What a sweet post.  Hi and please feel free to participate on our boards at anytime.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"