Pregnant after 35
Options

For those of you with children...

When did you tell them you were pg? My girls are 12 & 9. I have had severe morning sickness and they are very worried about me. i have an u/s tomorrow and we were thinking about telling them just after that but are also worried about telling them because the last pg we told them about ended in m/c and that was rough too .
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014

Re: For those of you with children...

• Options

I didn't tell DD until I was 16 weeks, but she only just turned 4 so "mommy is sick" was a good enough excuse for her.

I'm not sure what I'd do with older children. I think if I were you I'd still try to hold out for another couple of weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had a potential blighted ovum. I told her once I got confirmation that there was a baby there, but I warned her it was still too early to tell if I'd carry to term. She's 15, so she has a much better grasp on things. Plus, I was so sick and worn out, that she was going to catch on pretty fast. She and I are extremely close, and while I disk want to hurt her, I knew it would hurt her more if I kept her out of the loop. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a 13 & 8 year old. I told them when I was 16 weeks, just to be sure. It was rough- my oldest thought I was dying of some unknown disease because I was so sick. I told her it was probably mono and that it can last for weeks, which she googled and accepted. It is harder to hide once they can look up your symptoms!

• Options
    steverstever member
    DS was there when I got my BFP, but he's little so we wanted the whole 9 months to get him used to being a big brother.
  • Options
    My kids are 18 & 11. I told them early only because I was so sick with m/s and they were so worried! I really didnt want to tell them because of my previous losses but, I also didnt want them to think I was dying and they were concerned!
  • Options
    DS is about to be 4, we told him after our first u/s looked really good. We made it public knowledge after the NT scan looked good (almost 13 weeks, and close enough to the second trimester for our comfort)
  • Options

We tell ours as soon as we have the first u/s. I understand the hesitation. We had an early loss between #4 & #5, and we were simply honest about it. They were sad, as were we, but we chose a gender neutral name for that lo and the kids occasionally talk about when they get to meet him/her & we light a candle on the Heaven day.

But, there is joy in the expectation, and rather than them worrying that something terrible is going on because you're inexplicably ill, I'd rather let them know why & why I may need to be a bit cautious & rest more.

8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"