Military Families
Options

OBO at Bethesda

Hello everyone, I have my OBO class tomorrow at the new Walter Reed Bethesda National Naval Medical Center (thats such a mouthful, i still dont even know if i have everything in the right order when i say that). This is my first pregnancy and I am 6 weeks along and just wondering what I can expect. Any information would be helpul, thanks ladies!

Re: OBO at Bethesda

• Options
    I've done mine at two different bases, each basically the same. You'll fill out paperwork. You might be weighed, might not. You'll have bloodwork done. You might have to watch a video on nutrition. You'll get information packets, and you'll be scheduled for your first prenatal appointment if you haven't already been. Honestly, it is a huge waste of time, IMO,but it is usually a requirement. I had one in a group setting, and the other individually because I couldn't make it to the group session.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLissa832:
    I've done mine at two different bases, each basically the same. You'll fill out paperwork. You might be weighed, might not. You'll have bloodwork done. You might have to watch a video on nutrition. You'll get information packets, and you'll be scheduled for your first prenatal appointment if you haven't already been. Honestly, it is a huge waste of time, IMO,but it is usually a requirement. I had one in a group setting, and the other individually because I couldn't make it to the group session.

Yup HUGE waste of time! You will meet the nutritionist, an U/S tech, and some other employees within the OB office whom you will meet with. Towards the end you will meet with a nurse to talk about your expected EDD, set up your first appt at 10 weeks and then they will send you to the lab to get blood work drawn. FYI get there early because parking sucks!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello, I don't normally post here but I was at Bethesda (my husband was/is a wounded soldier). The class was a waste of time but I had the best care/delivery possible! I absolutely loved everything about them and my care. If you have any questions feel free to pm me. It was my first child and with the stress of my life at the time that was one thing I didn't have to worry about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"