Baby Showers
Options

TACKY,TACKY,TACKY

I had posted a few weeks ago about the girl on Facebook inviting people to her shower, saying if you needed coupons come see her, if you don't know what to get gift cards are always the best gift,etc etc.  so yesterday she puts on there where ate sale is and thAt they have a baby crib if anyone is interested! OMG! I wish I knew her well enough to tell her this is all BIG NO'S!!!!!! 

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: TACKY,TACKY,TACKY

• Options
    OMG! Seriously.... I had someone ask me yesterday what I wanted (she is coming to my shower) and I was so taken aback that I didn't know what to say. I awkwardly responded that I was registered at BRU. She was trying to push me further, but thankfully someone came up and asked her a question, so the conversation ended. I could never imagine telling people where to get me specific stuff outside of a registry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh... that is really tacky. Whenever a friend asked what I wanted for my gender reveal shower, I told them, the registry's on the evite, and walked away. It is just very annoying to overtly announce what you want for your shower!
    Team Pink! First time Momma to be!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagedontcryformeoslo:
    Ugh... that is really tacky. Whenever a friend asked what I wanted for my gender reveal shower, I told them, the registry's on the evite, and walked away. It is just very annoying to overtly announce what you want for your shower!

Maybe she was trying to trick you into revealing the gender and she would be "one up" on anyone else with a gender specific gift.  BTW...you have already overtly announced what you want for your shower when you put the info in the invite (or told her your registry is on the evite).  Evites are tacky on your part...I wouldn't be so quick to criticize someone asking what you want as tacky.  Glass houses and all that.

• Options

imagedontcryformeoslo:

Gender reveal shower? EVITE? I wouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house... 

• Options
    CranangCranang member
    imageMrsNorry:

imagedontcryformeoslo:

Gender reveal shower? EVITE? I wouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house... 

This.

Are you planning on having another shower in addition to the AW gender reveal? And for God's sake, you sent an EVITE??  Your friends must have a ball talking about you behind your back.  Every group has at least one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagephq2011:
    OMG! Seriously.... I had someone ask me yesterday what I wanted (she is coming to my shower) and I was so taken aback that I didn't know what to say. I awkwardly responded that I was registered at BRU. She was trying to push me further, but thankfully someone came up and asked her a question, so the conversation ended. I could never imagine telling people where to get me specific stuff outside of a registry.

What is so terrible about asking what you want? God forbid you get something you really wanted.

• Options
    imageBeckyTheEngineer:

imagephq2011:

What is so terrible about asking what you want? God forbid you get something you really wanted.

I kind of go back and forth on this, too. If I specifically asked someone what they want, I would want them to tell me honestly. But if someone asked me what I wanted, I would feel uncomfortable saying, "Get the high-chair from my registry" or whatever. I guess it would be better to go around and ask close friends or family members what the MTB really wants.

Though I guess it is safe to say that she wants anything on her registry.

• Options
    imageCranang:
    imageMrsNorry:

imagedontcryformeoslo:

This.

Are you planning on having another shower in addition to the AW gender reveal? And for God's sake, you sent an EVITE??  Your friends must have a ball talking about you behind your back.  Every group has at least one.

I agree. I've never even heard of turning a gender reveal into an extra shower! I mean, I can understand grandparents or something being excited and buying an outfit or something small but wow. I'm shocked. And, I think an evite is tacky. If you expect people to spend money on gifts, you can spend money on invitations. They have them at the dollar store if you really don't want to go big...

Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • Options
    imagerhubarb123:

imagedontcryformeoslo:

Maybe she was trying to trick you into revealing the gender and she would be "one up" on anyone else with a gender specific gift.  BTW...you have already overtly announced what you want for your shower when you put the info in the invite (or told her your registry is on the evite).  Evites are tacky on your part...I wouldn't be so quick to criticize someone asking what you want as tacky.  Glass houses and all that.

This. haa......

• Options
    I think if someone specifically asks you what you want you can give them ideas (in fact i think it's kind of rude to just refer them to the registry). I wouldn't tell them a specific brand, but maybe that you really need onsies or something. As for telling people what you want with out being asked is tacky. You shouldn't even be inviting anyone anyways. If the host wants to include the registry info on the shower invite that's ok but anything else on the invite would be tacky.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If someone flat out asks you, I don't see the big deal. Maybe they don't have kids or it has been a while and they can't decide what would be good off of the registry. I cloth diaper and made sure to let people know that so they did not by diapers. Well, my MIL who knows nothing about modern CD, wanted to help with my stash so she asked what she could get. I gave her the name of a local store and pointed her in the right direction. I really don't see the problem, the person is trying to make sure they get you the right things you need.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"