Special Needs
Options

S/O teacher gifts

So I am totally clueless about teacher gifts since my kids (4 and 2.5) are not yet in school. I don't ever remember giving teachers gifts growing up (but I have a really bad memory). In general (for general and special ed) is it the proper ettiquette to give teachers gifts at the end of the school year (and Christmas too)? Since my oldest will be going to school sooner then later, I guess I need to know so I don't make some social faux pas!

Re: S/O teacher gifts

• Options

I like auntie's idea about sending a letter to the district commending your team or making a donation in a teacher/therapists honor. 

My mom always sent cookies, but I have a feeling most teachers nowadays would chuck most homemade food.  And how many apple-shaped paperweights does a teacher really need?

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Options

I only concentrate on three holidays: Christmas, Valentine's and the End-of-the-Year.

DS has 7 teachers this school year. Three are from daycare and the other three are from his preschool. I give gifts to the speech therapist at his preschool, too!

I should include bus aides but I don't know who they are or how many they are because DS was on 2 different buses this past school year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like pp, I do Christmas, v-day and I was planning a little something for end of year--mainly because I truly want to thank them --he's a handful and they've done so much for him.  He's made tremendous progress.
  • Options
    imageToastieSimons:

I like auntie's idea about sending a letter to the district commending your team or making a donation in a teacher/therapists honor. 

My mom always sent cookies, but I have a feeling most teachers nowadays would chuck most homemade food.  And how many apple-shaped paperweights does a teacher really need?

My mom is a 1st grade teacher and she has always said homemade treats are her favorites! I know that at the end of the school year when she gets a ton, they share with all the staff- custodians, etc. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    For end of the year I'm sticking with a thoughtful card. I'm thinking of getting those recordable cards and getting DS to say something nice about his teachers (we'll see, heh). I gave gift cards for Christmas and got mixed reviews (our daycare suggested we give gift cards, so I knew they expected one, but our public school teachers gave me thank-you cards that said "thanks, but really not necessary..")
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"