Baby Showers
Options

how much notice for a shower is appropriate?

Just curious. I say 4-6 weeks. I just received 2 weeks notice :/
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: how much notice for a shower is appropriate?

• Options

Honestly 2 weeks isn't that bad to me. Two weeks is plenty of time to say Hey I can make it or not and get a gift.

If I were to get a 4-6 week mark then I would end up forgetting about the shower..even if I wrote it down in a calendar.

But it really just depends on person to person and what they would do for their own situation if it was switched. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think 2-4 weeks is fine.  I wouldn't send it more than 4 weeks out.  It's a shower, not a wedding.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    true :) 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemorethancottoncandy:
    I think 2-4 weeks is fine.  I wouldn't send it more than 4 weeks out.  It's a shower, not a wedding.

This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    According to Emily Post etiquette guru...baby shower invitations are typically mailed out 3 weeks before the event so though two weeks is a little short notice it's not so bad.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    KarmBKarmB member
    4-6 weeks. Esp this time of year with so many weddings. If i got a notice less than that I wouldnt go, I couldnt give work that kind of notice.

• Options
    4 weeks or so. 
  • Options
    I think right around 4 weeks is appropriate, especially for a summer shower, since there are all kinds of events on summer weekends. 3 weeks would be the absolute latest, IMO, and 2 weeks is definitely not enough time.

Cautiously expecting our second little petri dish baby - stick, Baby, stick!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imageKarmB:
    4-6 weeks. Esp this time of year with so many weddings. If i got a notice less than that I wouldnt go, I couldnt give work that kind of notice.

If I got a shower invite 4-6 weeks out...I wouldn't respond until close to the RSVP date.  I can't think of a time I would go to a shower instead of a wedding for family or friend.  If there was someone I barely know who invited me to their wedding I would skip it for a good friend or family shower...but I would normally KNOW ahead of time if I someone like that was getting married or having a baby.  KWIM.

I say 2 weeks is cutting it close but it is doable.  I prefer at least 2 weekends to shop.

• Options
    hpoff33hpoff33 member
    My shower is the first weekend in August and my Mom plans to send the invitations about the middle of June.  So 6 weeks out.  Our thought process is that it allows those family members who live out of town, to make plans to come if they wanted to attend. 

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage 

BFP 1/24/2012 - DS Born 9/22/2012 (11 days early!)
    BFP 2/15/2014 - CP 2/19/2014
    BFP 11/4/2014 - Due 7/14/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"