June 2011 Moms
Options

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    I had about 10 good ones yesterday and now I don't remember any of them. But today I've been letting Em crawl up the stairs so I can carry the laundry basket and not have to make two trips. I follow closely behind her of course but she thinks it's the best game in the world and I get to be lazy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Options
    imageJavaVino910:

This isn't really a FFFC, but has anyone lurked over on the Toddler board? Holy smokes. I'm seriously never posting over there. Scary! So.... I guess my FFFC is I"m afraid of the ladies on the Toddler board ;-)

Ditto! I've been afraid to post this for fear they'd find my post... Yikes!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsIMrsI member
    imagekimbo1216:
    imageJills83:
    imagerlmanning:
    imageJills83:

Maybe he will learn that rolling around near the edge of the bed isn't really that good of an idea.  PS: I won't actually let him fall off.  I just think about it. 

AGREE :) lol

Damnit, you captured my mistakes before I got to edit them!

I may or may not have used my mod powers to help you out.  Wink

I thought I was going crazy not seeing the mistake :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MrsIMrsI member

Here's mine:

I was proud of DD last night she ate almost an entire cheese burger patty and the bottom half of the bun.  This is great for her and she did so quietly without screaming to get down.

The flameful part: It was from McDonalds

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebluejill15:
    imageJavaVino910:

This isn't really a FFFC, but has anyone lurked over on the Toddler board? Holy smokes. I'm seriously never posting over there. Scary! So.... I guess my FFFC is I"m afraid of the ladies on the Toddler board ;-)

Ditto! I've been afraid to post this for fear they'd find my post... Yikes!  

Ha! I had the same thought. That's why I buried it in FFFC. I wouldn't dare make an actual post with something like that in the title!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    klvklv member
    We haven't put locks on drawers in our kitchen. Hannah found the drawer with plastic bags and has the time of her life pulling them all out. She also found the drawer with the heavy duty grilling utensils. She dropped the spatula on her foot twice and keeps pinching her fingers in the drawers. I really should put those latches on but she just layed down for a nap and I think I might too.
  • Options
    klvklv member
    imageLauraOTR:
    imageamberpro:
    imagekattyleigh:
    imagekimbo1216:

I don't have a lot of patience for constant "woe is me" people.  You know them--the ones that are always talking about how bad they have it.  I think sometimes people make things much harder on themselves than they have to.  Frankly, I don't feel sorry for them.

Okay.  Maybe that's more of a vent, but I've been running into it a lot lately!

Yes! So with you. Especially those that put their woes on Facebook. 

If someone airs their troubles on FB, I automatically think less of what they're going through.  It is nothing but a pity cry for attention and sympathy.   

Agree, and I think even less if they don't state what their problem is. Like those who are all "le sigh, life is so hard, I'm so stressed I can't just catch a break, blah blah blah," but they won't actually say what is wrong. They want people to guess. For all I know, it could be that you broke a nail, so I'm not going to feel sorry for you if you're not going to tell me what is wrong (and even then, I might not, unless there was a death in the family or something)

This is 100% my MIL. Who will be here tomorrow. Kill me now. 

• Options
    imagejessiegirl10.18:

I have a feeling this one will get the board moving.

It really baffles me that so many of you choose to fly with your child out of a secure car seat.  With all of the talk we have on this board about leaving kids rear facing until 2, car seats on top of shopping carts, etc I am really surprised how many people seem to not have a problem flying with their child on their lap.

Eh. I have a hard time believing that if another plane hit mine or if we crashed that a carseat would make much difference. A plane wreck, IMO, is a completely different ball game than a car crash. (Besides - and maybe this is flameful - if I had had to buy a separate ticket for Max when I went to see my mother, it would have been out of budget and she still would not have met him.)

peace,
    katharine

Book-Kitten blog

• Options
    imagebookkitten:
    imagejessiegirl10.18:

It really baffles me that so many of you choose to fly with your child out of a secure car seat.  With all of the talk we have on this board about leaving kids rear facing until 2, car seats on top of shopping carts, etc I am really surprised how many people seem to not have a problem flying with their child on their lap.

Eh. I have a hard time believing that if another plane hit mine or if we crashed that a carseat would make much difference. A plane wreck, IMO, is a completely different ball game than a car crash. (Besides - and maybe this is flameful - if I had had to buy a separate ticket for Max when I went to see my mother, it would have been out of budget and she still would not have met him.)

I am a HUGE car seat advocate.  Ask my husband - I have to inspect every car seat that A sits in before I allow it.  I just don't think people install them to great standards.  That being said, I fly with my daughter on my lap.  Why?  Because like PP said, a plane crash is a catastrophic event.  A car seat will not save my child in the event of that.  A car crash is a completely different thing - a car seat can very likely save her life.  They are two completely different things. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejessiegirl10.18:

Please do not think that I am flaming you because I am not. It's just that car accidents are very common while  plane crashes are not. I guess I believe that if you're in a plane crash you're not going to make it either way.... I just don't really think there is a comparison between a car crash vs a plane crash. I do get that there can be turbulence but our arms can hold her to our bodies during that.

• Options
    imagebookkitten:
    imagejessiegirl10.18:

one word: turbulence. And too....i don't know about you but if my kid is awake she is squirmy as hell and even a two hour flight with her on my lap soundsl like torture!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMommaA117:
    imagejessiegirl10.18:

Please do not think that I am flaming you because I am not. It's just that car accidents are very common while  plane crashes are not. I guess I believe that if you're in a plane crash you're not going to make it either way.... I just don't really think there is a comparison between a car crash vs a plane crash. I do get that there can be turbulence but our arms can hold her to our bodies during that.

I agree - rough enough turbulence to knock a baby out of my arms are very rare. So are plane crashes and even runway accidents. Unfortunately, car accidents are not. I do see the point but I think is a very different comparison.

Also, my LO is squirmy too - I doubt she'd want to be stuck in a carseat for 3 hours if he didn't have to be. Would you? You're allowed to walk around the cabin freely on a flight when the seatbelt signs omare off so I would do the same for my child.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    are carseats even tested for plane safety? 
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    kas80kas80 member
    My LO screams and cries to the point of gagging if she's in her carseat and can see me.  She doesn't understand why she can't be with me.  I cannot ever ride in the backseat with her.  Any major issue with an airplane would likely not be helped with the carseat but my and the passengers' eardrums were saved by my not trying to keep her in her carseat next to me instead of on my lap.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"