TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Soft cups? PG/MC mentioned

Hey all.  I don't think my ticker or anything is updated.  I'm trying to keep TTC off the mind and stay focused on positive outlets in my life.  Here's the long and short... my husband and I tried for a year to get pregnant.  We had tried so many different things to help including acupuncture, herbs, supplements, charting, etc.  I mc at 8 weeks.  It's been 14 months since my D&C and we are feeling very hopeless.  I've done three rounds of clomid and we can't afford IUI which is our next step.  My doctor (a new one) recommended soft cups as a conception aid.  Has anyone used these?! Heard of anyone who has had luck? I bought a pack, read the info and am ovulating any day now.  Like I said, I'll try anything but am trying to decide between inserting after BD, or have put sperm in the cup and then insert it.  I just want to actually say that yes, we had sex to conceive! Thoughts? Suggestions? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Soft cups? PG/MC mentioned

• I only post once in a while but I joined in 2007.  All I asked is if anyone has tried the cups in the past? It also doesn't mean that people here haven't had success at one point or another. Would you prefer that I post over there? Just trying to get some advice... 
  • tdmd09tdmd09 member

I don't even know what a soft cup is.

Is it supposed to keep the swimmers from running away or something? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageemJ0605:
    I only post once in a while but I joined in 2007.  All I asked is if anyone has tried the cups in the past? It also doesn't mean that people here haven't had success at one point or another. Would you prefer that I post over there? Just trying to get some advice... 

It has nothing to do with when you joined the bump or that you post once in a while.  This group is for ladies who have been on TTCAL offering support for 6+ months and then kind of 'merge' over here.  Many of the ladies on this board have been on TTCAL sadly for more than a year.

ETA:  As for the soft cups, my RE has never recommended that.  As far as they're concerned, I would imagine you'd get the same result laying in bed with your legs up for a while.  If you're not prone to UTIs, go for it.  What is your IF Dx?  That would make a difference too. 

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Yes, I've also been TTC for over a year since my loss. And it took us over a year to get pregnant at that point, too. I'm sorry to offend anyone.  I just read the titles of the group and thought that was the category I best fit into.  Didn't realize it was so exclusive.  FYI the soft cups hold the pooled sperm up at the cervix for up to 12 hours.  Many have had success with it.  I have one in now and am giving it a try.  I will move to a different board so I guess you can check there for updates on how it's working.  Again, sorry to intrude on this close-knit group.  Here I thought this was a place to get advice and comfort from people going through the same thing during an extremely difficult time in life.  
  • imageemJ0605:
    Yes, I've also been TTC for over a year since my loss. And it took us over a year to get pregnant at that point, too. I'm sorry to offend anyone.  I just read the titles of the group and thought that was the category I best fit into.  Didn't realize it was so exclusive.  FYI the soft cups hold the pooled sperm up at the cervix for up to 12 hours.  Many have had success with it.  I have one in now and am giving it a try.  I will move to a different board so I guess you can check there for updates on how it's working.  Again, sorry to intrude on this close-knit group.  Here I thought this was a place to get advice and comfort from people going through the same thing during an extremely difficult time in life.  

As Wicked already told you- 6+ IS NOT for how long you have been TTCAL it's for how long you've been posting and supporting on the main TTCAL board.  Nobody is trying to exclude you, we're just saying go to the main TTCAL board where all newbies make their entrance.  There are some women who have been TTCAL for a few months and some for several months and even others who are pursuing IF treatments.

• imagejenek0213:
    imageMrsErinH:
    imagewickedsugar:

imageemJ0605:
    Yes, I've also been TTC for over a year since my loss. And it took us over a year to get pregnant at that point, too. I'm sorry to offend anyone.  I just read the titles of the group and thought that was the category I best fit into.  Didn't realize it was so exclusive.  FYI the soft cups hold the pooled sperm up at the cervix for up to 12 hours.  Many have had success with it.  I have one in now and am giving it a try.  I will move to a different board so I guess you can check there for updates on how it's working.  Again, sorry to intrude on this close-knit group.  Here I thought this was a place to get advice and comfort from people going through the same thing during an extremely difficult time in life.  

Hmm Again ..

So you have be on the reg TTCAL board for more than 6 months ???

I am sorry for your loss, it took me over a year to get Pg, and here I am 3+ years post loss...

Directly from the header ....

TTCAL6+ is a community for women who have been actively TTCAL for 6 months or more, as well as been an active part of the TTCAL community. If you also like snark and humor post an introduction and show your support to others.

Not to be rude, but why would I check on a random stranger ???  Great for you if it works.. But please DO NOT come back & tell us if it does....

If you want support from Ladies who have had Losses and are trying to concive, check out the regular TTCAL board, GIVE & GET SUPPORT, don't just demand it.

I don't know how to post GIFs but if I did, I'd be posting the slow clap for this right now!!! Preach it Wicked!

I agree with the sentiment so I'll post the slow clap!

Yes 

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• imagePetraStonegirl:

imageemJ0605:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

LOL- my thoughts exactly Wink 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"