1st Trimester
Options

HCG - too high?

Hi all,

I haven't made an official intro yet (wanted to wait as I am a nervous nellie) but am super nervous today about my HCG levels.  Doc just called to say I am at 19,900 from beta #3 and wants me to come in for an ultrasound tomorrow morning.  Has anyone else had really high HCG levels this early?  My second beta was last Wednesday and I was at 2,000.  Trying to stay calm but it's not easy.  It took so long to get pregnant that I am just really hoping everything is ok.  From what I have found online, it could be twins or a molar pregnancy.  Anyone experienced this?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: HCG - too high?

• Options
    I see in your signature that it was a surprise BFP.  Could it be you are further along than you thought?  What were the dates of your betas?  How far along do you think you are?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi - my first beta was 15dpo, second was 17dpo and then today was 23dpo.  I should be at 5 weeks right now.  We were planning to do IVF since we were not getting pregnant any other way, hence the surprise (that it happened without any drugs, IUI, etc).  The nurse started out by saying my numbers were really high but not to panic YET. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagestellagal:
    Hi - my first beta was 15dpo, second was 17dpo and then today was 23dpo.  I should be at 5 weeks right now.  We were planning to do IVF since we were not getting pregnant any other way, hence the surprise (that it happened without any drugs, IUI, etc).  The nurse started out by saying my numbers were really high but not to panic YET. 

From what I have learned don't listen to the nurses. I too had off bloodwork, they actually were reading a bar code and I was freaked out as well. You never know but from a bit of research I have done some people just have high HCG levels and the odds of molar pregnancy were like 1 in 1,000, its not very common. I would try not to panic and your remember your pregnant today. Talk to your doctor because thats the person that needs to diagnose you. When I posted a post about higher hcg someone said "chemical pregnancy" a chemical pregnancy would have low hcg not high. Just call your doctor and try to sort it out. Maybe you are further along than you thought?  

• Options
    My betas at 5 weeks were about 2300 this time and was 23,000 a week later.  You could be a week off on your dates and then it would make sense?
    *~*Mommy to*~*
    BFP#1 Kaitlyn 11-17-04
    BFP #2 Matthew pPROM 23w5d 06-03-07, b/33 weeks 8-6-07, d/10-15-07 SIDS,
    BFP #3 m/c 8 weeks 2/20/09, BFP #4 m/c no hb 6w4d, m/c 9w4d, D&C 11w2d, BFP #5 C/P 12/18/09 after BFP- 9dpo
    BFP #6 Samantha- 11-9-10
    BFP #7 4/20/12 21 DPO beta: 2382 29 DPO beta: 23000! HB 6w2d 116 bpm due Christmas day!
    This Momma's Journey
    ~Today I am pregnant and I love my baby~ BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all.  I could be off but my LMP was 4/8 (Easter Sunday).  The more I am reading, the more it seems that HCG levels can be all over the place.  We will find out tomorrow.... 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My betas were:

#1: 12dpo 464, #2: 18dpo 3,723

Not to scare you, but i am pregnant w/ quints.

I would not be worried about chemical pregnancy (i agree w/ other post- that's lower betas).  I was concerned about a Molar pregnancy (associated w/ high betas), but nurse said mine were not THAT high.  High betas are often associated w/ multiples, though it is NOT always the case, so don't freak/get your hopes up yet.  We had a feeling it was multiples based on our numbers, but we had fertility tx so knew it was a def possibility.  It could also just mean 1 healthy baby!  Regardless, nothing to worry about; there is a wide range for these numbers for sure.

TTC since 10/2010; 3 rounds of clomid 2011- BFNs; IUI #1: 6/2012 BFN; IUI #2: 10/2012 BFP, lost our little one around 6 weeks; IUI #3: 3/2012 BFP, Beta #1 13dpo: 464, Beta #2 18dpo: 3,727. U/s #1:5 sacs, 4 heartbeats! U/s 4/26: 5 heartbeats! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My first pregnancy was a molar, and i thought about sharing my whole ordeal with you, but i didnt want to be just another lending hand in your fears about it. I will say that my levels were at 120,000 when i was 6 weeks. So i think if you were experiencing a molar they would be a lot higher than what you have. I will leave the option to hear my story for you to decide. If you'd like to hear it i'm willing to share, if not, thats okay too. Hope all works out for you in the end! T&Ps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"