6 Weeks Pregnant

Week 6 - and the rumors start!

Today marks the start of week 6 for me!  This is also our first baby and I'm just over the moon happy! We've told our parents and siblings, but that's it at this point (other than a few VERY close friends).  Sadly, the rumor is already going around my work place that I'm expecting since I've dropped out of my Zumba class.  When I found out, I bawled....heeeelllllo emotions!  Just very frustrating to have people spread rumors about something that I want to keep private before I'm ready to tell everyone.  But, anyway, my first appointment is next Tuesday (the 27th) and my hubby and I can't wait!  I'm exhausted, have to pee a lot, get hungry every 2 or 3 hours and the "girls" are so tender - but I'm LOVING every minute of it!  I'll do anything and everything for this little one!

Re: Week 6 - and the rumors start!

• You sound just as excited as I am.  I'm 6 weeks and 2 days today!  Familiy a few friends know, but I'm waiting until after my first appointment to spread the Happy News!  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah the rumors are going around here too LOL.  We told our parents, grandparents, and sibling...but both of the parents heeded the "we're keeping it quiet for a while" and have told EVERYONE. 

• Loading the player...
  • YES. I work in retail and today I told a coworker that I had a stomach ache, so I might be disappearing to the bathroom frequently. The truth, of course, is that I'm pregnant and have nausea and diarrea. Her response was: "Is it a stomach thing? You're not pregnant are you? We need you for holiday season." I nipped that one, right away. "Of course not," I told her... And then I laughed to myself. 6 weeks and 2 days!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • The girls I work with on a day to day basis (I work in a huge hospital) know I'm pregnant just because I snack every 10 minutes... And in between the snacking I'm taking deep breaths trying not to throw up.  Oh well :)  still waiting to actually make an announcement though... T-13 days til the first appointment!  We might let the cat out of the bag after that, assuming everything looks good.
  • If I didn't know any better, I'd swear this was "me" talking. This pregnancy was definitely an anticipated surprise for my husband and I, but we couldn't be any happier! We have also only told family and a few close friends, but can't wait to tell it all. We go for our first ultrasound May 21 to hear the baby's heartbeat (YAY!). Can't believe we are having a baby, and a Christmas baby at that! Good luck to you and best wishes during your pregnancy :)
  • I can't believe you all told already! How exciting for you! I am 6 weeks and have not told anyone except my husband. I had a miscarriage before at 5 weeks and so we want to make sure it doesn't happen again early in the pregnancy before telling people. I am so nervous to keep it a secret! My sister's wedding is June 2nd and the dress better fit and I better not be too sick during that time. I am dying to tell but I want to wait until after my sister's wedding so I don't steal any of the "show" from her special day. My mom is going to go crazy when she finds out that I didn't tell her right away. I'm so excited for all of you. :-)

On a side note, I am so nervous to tell my boss. She asked me in April when my husband and I were planning on having kids, I told her not for a long time. I didn't know that I was actually pregnant when I said that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"