Late Term and Child Loss

torturing myself

I don't know why I'm did this but I just went on the board for my birth month and I don't know why. There was one post I read that someone was saying she was 23wks along and didn't feel her baby move for 3 days and went to doc.to make sure baby was ok and by her next appt baby fine. That's almost exactly what happened to me except I DIDN'T go to doc.and for that I ended up paying the ultimate price. All just to NOT be a bother b/c in the past with UTIs and the such I'v had doctors make me feel like the dumbest person ever, like I don't know my own body so I don't go to them unless I'm pregnant and I have to go. I should have gone for her to make sure she was ok. It's been 3wks today when I had her, she was born still. They said it was an inflammed placenta poss.due to an infection I didn't know about. I shouldn't have waited until my u/s 2wks later. I feel so bad. I took her for granted. And now I keep snapping at my boys a lot lately then I feel rotten b/c it feels like I'm taking them for granted too. I should never have let this happen to my child.
Tim 12/30/00 Brad 4/30/02 Alex 9/29/03 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: torturing myself

• (((hugs))) It is not your fault.I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

• It's definetly NOT your fault.  I'm sure we all find things we *think* we could have done different, but that doesn't mean it would have changed anything.  Please do not blame yourself.  Just enjoy your children.  Love on them and let them know you're okay.  I went to the Natural birth board.  I shouldn't have.  I also find myself clicking third tri a lot.  We have to be gentle with ourselves.  ((big hugs))

YGPM in just a minute.

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The girls are right. I've been through all the "what ifs", but the truth is, we all do the best we can. You loved her and would have done anything for her. I'm sorry for your loss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's been said, but sweetie this is not your fault.  We all play the what ifs and wish we could go back in time to change things.  As someone said before, who's to say if it would have made a difference.  That being said, it's hard not to.  I know I still do.  It's maddening, and I hate when my mind goes there.  And I hear ya on the yelling at the other kiddos.  DD has definitely felt the stress around our house, and I always feel like crap for losing my patience with her cuz I know just how quickly life can change.  I'm very sorry for your loss.  So many hugs.
    imageimageimage
  • Big (((hugs)))). I'd like to echo the others and remind you that this is NOT your fault. We all love our LOs with all our hearts and we do the best we can.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ? to Loss+M/PL+TTCAL+PgAL+PAL

PgAL/PAL welcome
  • Big (((HUGS))). I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know that what happened was not your fault, but I know what it's like to feel that way.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"