Adoption

Whats it called when...

you start the adoption process when the birth mother is pregnant? i know i have looked into it before, but i cant for the life of me think of what its called. ive tried google, but my wording is terrible and the right thing isnt coming up. Sorry if this answer is all over the board already, i looked and didnt see what i was looking for.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Whats it called when...

• You mean being matched before birth? I'm not sure what you're going for here. Do you mean an identified or independent adoption when you know someone who's pregnant and wants to make an adoption plan?

Becuase the way it's worded, most people are adopting when a Bm is pregnant.

• yes, thats what i mean. i found a site not too long ago that had a list of pregnant women who were searching for adoptive parents for their unborn babies. it had their babys gender, due date, what they were looking for in a family, etc. i was thinking that if there was a specific name for that type of adoption that maybe i could find it again.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSparrowBlue:
    yes, thats what i mean. i found a site not too long ago that had a list of pregnant women who were searching for adoptive parents for their unborn babies. it had their babys gender, due date, what they were looking for in a family, etc..

Be very cautious of websites like that.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • imageSparrowBlue:
    yes, thats what i mean. i found a site not too long ago that had a list of pregnant women who were searching for adoptive parents for their unborn babies. it had their babys gender, due date, what they were looking for in a family, etc. i was thinking that if there was a specific name for that type of adoption that maybe i could find it again.
    There's stuff like that out there? That's nuts!! Scary..
    BM to Kenzie 9/1/04 --- Married 1/22/09 --- Me 27 - DH 25 --- TTC our first since April 2010 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I think she is referring to the adoption situations found on some of the adoption facilitators websites.  

The moms who are considering placing their babies for adoption are expectant mothers.  They are not Birth Mothers until they sign their rights over.

Good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"