June 2011 Moms
Options

Irritated with dh

So our son is in surgery right now. It was scheduled and we've had the date for over a month now. Dh failed to make arangements to be off work, instead planned to "work from home". Well his work laptop has a block on it and he can't sign in to what he needs from the hospital (that part not his fault). So that sucks and he failed to make arangements to pass off his work to a co worker so now he left and went in to work for a few hours. It irritates me that he didn't just make arangements to be off period and not have to deal with it today. Furthermore, he knew he'd be off but made plans to do other things today including getting our air conditioning serviced and working a side job all while we should be here at the hospital. I am here of course but just irritated that he left and had made other plans instead of making his son a priority today. He also doesn't plan to be taking any more time off work. That we had discussed because there's not a lot he can do, but surgery day. I don't know, kind of a big deal. Would you be mad too or am I just over reacting?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Irritated with dh

• Options
    I would be livid!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    vigurlvigurl member

imagejkchs2003:
    I would be livid!

Yes

Being there for you a LO is way more important than work (unless he stands the chance of loosing his job if he takes a day off) or getting the A/C serviced.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are definitely not over reacting! From the looks of your siggy you have an older dd to take care of too. I would bet extremely upset that DH wouldn't have thought to take the whole day off to be home to help you because I'm sure your gonna need it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We do have an older dd. she's in preschool and after care. Dh will pick her up at her regular time and take her to swim class like any other Monday night. I'm not sure if he'll come back up here after that or not. Doubtful since he'll need to get her fed and to bed. Dhs parents are coming to town to help with what they can (though I'm not sure there is much since dd is in school, dh will be at work and I'll be here). Dh is on his way back up here with lunch. My parents are coming to visit for a bit too. So dh and I are dividing and conquering but I expected him to be here all day until time to pick dd up. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagevigurl:

imagejkchs2003:
    I would be livid!

Yes

Being there for you a LO is way more important than work (unless he stands the chance of loosing his job if he takes a day off) or getting the A/C serviced.

I agree. 

TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • Options
    I would definitely be mad to, but I wouldn't be surprised if my SO did the same thing. He actually left for a few hours the day that DD was born to go to class...I wasn't too happy about that. Anyways, you have a right to be mad, he should make it a priority to be there for his son and for you. I hope your son does great and has a speedy recovery! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"