Pregnant after 35
Options

Looking for some 40+ encouragement!

I'm still over at TTC after 35 (although I've been taking a Bump break for the past few months). I'm just here for a few minutes lurking and feeling envious :).

I'm quickly approaching 43 and feeling bummed about TTC.  I know this is totally AH, but I would love to hear some stories from the over-40 crowd who are now pregnant, just to keep me going!  

(I do recognize a few names here and there, it makes me happy to see you here!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Looking for some 40+ encouragement!

• Options
    I'm 41 and will be 42 next month!  Keep your spirits up.  I know how it is to feel the pressure of TTC in our 40s.  Even now, I've not allowed myself to yet get too excited because I'm afraid something is going to go wrong.  But, I have my second appointment coming up in two days and I hope with seeing normal growth and a heartbeat I can relax a little and just enjoy.  Hopefully you'll be here soon!

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!

• Options

44 and 22 weeks along with twin boys.  Everything is going well with the boys so far.  I won't lie and say it has been smooth sailing, but I am so thankful that there have not been any bad complications.  Good luck and hang in there!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    41 here and 22 weeks pregnant with our son. After 7 failed IUI'S, we were taking a break to pray about our options and/or next steps and were blessed with this little surprise miracle!  
    ~ Ren, due 8/29 BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm not over 40, but just wanted to wave hello and wish you the best of luck. 

• Options

I'm 41 and pregnant, this will be our first child. I'll be 42 by the time the baby is born. :) Hang in there!

• Options
    I am 40 and will be 41 when this baby arrives. Good luck to you!
  • Options

imageELF4321:
    I'm not over 40, but just wanted to wave hello and wish you the best of luck. 

THIS!!! I wish you the best of luck.

Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

Hi Reece! Was lurking a bit. I'm so glad you posted this. I will be 44 next month and it is taking everything I have to calm down about starting so late in life. I still have months to go before even starting DE :(

Good luck to you! You are not alone :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    I'm 39 but will be 40 when I go into labor.  Yesterday marked 31 weeks and not to jinx myself, but I've had a pretty easy pregnancy.  I know TTC+35 can be hard at times, but hang in there.  It does happen.  
  • Options

I'm 45 and am expecting my first DS in July.  I have a 12 and 15 yo DD.  We weren't trying for another one, but we never did anything to prevent another one either, so here we are!  So far everything is going well, but I'm sure the next few months will be tough.  I'm not a spring chicken and I wasn't in the best shape before I got pregnant - but my husband and I sure are enjoying this pregnancy more than our first two pregnancies!

I wish you the best of luck.  Keep your chin up! 

• Options

Hi RF, nice to see you.

I am 40 and am pg for the second time after my 40th bday.  Granted the first pg did not end so well, but I got pg again pretty quickly afterward and actually got to see a hb last week.  I am pretty confident that this will be a take home baby.

Start charting, if you haven't already.  Keep up on your vitamins and folic acid.  If you've been trying to a long time, maybe it's time for some basic fertility testing for you and DH.  My ob told me that if we didn't get pg after 6 months of trying (at age 37) to book an appt and he would start the testing process.  Thankfully it has never taken me longer than 3 cycles to get pg once we got serious about trying.

GL to you.  Hope to see you on this board full-time very soon.  ((HUGS))

• Options
    Wow, youve got real support here! I am 42 and trying for one more. This is the best place to get your hand held! Good luck!
  • Options

I'm 40 and will be 41 when this baby is born.

Best of luck to you.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    Im 40 and will be 41 in september, it wasnt easy but we got there with help and all is going so GREAT!!!  It is so possible, hoping and praying you get to join us soon (((hugs)))
  • Options

Wishing you all the best!

We were not trying, not avoiding. With my first 2, I got PG really easily. This time, I figured it wasn't going to happen as my cycles seemed to be lengthening. And here I am at 41, almost 10w along. I'm still pretty shocked. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

With my 1st baby at age 38, I got pg about a month after having my IUD removed. Currently, I'm 42 and pg with #2 due in October. I'm 13w along. With this one, we were trying kinda, but not very hard (no charting or figuring out which 'magic days' were best) and it just happened, right about when I'd given up LOL. This time, I had my IUD removed in April of 2011.

Good luck!

• Options
    I'm 43 (will be 44 in July), and DS is 2 weeks old. We weren't TTC because we have DS 12 & 13. I never thought I'd get pregnant at 43 but we are thrilled to have our little love bug. Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm lurking, but thought I'd chime in too.  I conceived DS naturally at 40 and gave birth at 41.  We're currently TTC #2.  It can happen!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had my first at 41 and just recently had #2 at age 43.  Hang in there!  I know it's frustrating but it can happen.
  • Options
    Not there quite yet (November) but wanted to share my SIL's story.  She had her twins through IVF at 42 and then had a surprise at 45.  She's now the proud mama of three healthy kiddos.  GL to you, don't give up :-)
  • Options
    I am 40 and pregnant with my first! Actually I will be 41 next Friday!! Did a CVS this week and baby is great and I am having a BOY!! Don't give up!!!!!!! My friend just had her first a 43.... a little healthy girl!! Positive thoughts and baby dust coming your way!!
  • Options

I'm not 40 yet, but very close.  I'm 39 now and will be about 3 months away from turning 40 when baby #1 arrives (conceived after 3rd IUI).  I really appreciate this thread - I've had so many worries being older, but all these success stories are very reassuring! 

EDD = Nov 22, 2012....Thanksgiving Day!!

FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family image

BabyFruit Ticker

pregnancy due date

• Options

Wanted to share my moms story...

She was 42 when she conceived on my parents 25th wedding year anni. (eek)  She thought she was going through menopause! haha... Needless to say, my baby brother is now a health 11 year old! It can happen!

SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

• Options

Dont give up! I turn 39 in June and am 13 weeks pregnant. This will be our second child, and I feel like we make the BEST MOMS! When we OURSELVES are more mature, we make AWESOME moms!

• Options
    Keep the faith! I found out I was pregnant three weeks ago and I'll be 46 in December (!) I have a 10 year old son and to say this is a surprise is an understatement. We were actively not trying... when I missed my period my first thought was.."Oh, Okay, this must be the beginning of menopause." I know what the 'stats' say, however I have two close friends who also conceived naturally (and birthed) one at the age of 47 and one at the age of 46. It happens! Take good care and I wish you the best of luck.
  • Options

I just posted a brand spanking new post about the EXACT same thing (even same age)....and then I find this! Glad to see I am not alone and that many have done it successfully! I think knowing others have been successful at this age gives me hope.....in retrospect I wished I had not waited so long...but I really thought I would never want another...our first was a surprise and I love her more than I ever thought I could...but swore she was it......my hormones are saying something differently!  :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"