June 2011 Moms
Options

Low freezer stash...mixing with formula ?

I'm headed away for the weekend for my sister's baby shower (yay)!  But.. After our trip this last month I barely have any freezer stash left.  I am thinking I may have to supplement while I am gone and have no clue how to go about introducing a little formula to him. I have a small tub of similac and was just going to use that...completely at a loss! Haha. Would you do like 3/4BM 1/4formula? And just see how that works?  

And to introduce it to him...my supply is low anyway so I'm trying to avoid pumping at all cost... So thinking of just putting some in a sippy for him?  And last dumb ?...will the formula completely change how my BM tastes from the bottle?  Thoughts on all of the above haha

image 36weeks in image 36ish weeks out Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Low freezer stash...mixing with formula ?

• Options
    Some babies are more sensitive to the taste difference than others.  We started w/ 3/4BM 1/4formula, then 1/2 and 1/2, then eventually all formula for his night time feeding.  However, that being said my mom was watching him one day shortly after we introduced formula and she gave it to him straght and said he didnt even notice. 
    BKP__Levi's One Year_0032_CDBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I ran out of freezer stash last week and had to give DS his first bottle of formula.  He drank it with no problems at all.  He has gone from BM in a bottle and formula in a bottle to nursing with no problems at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"