Toddlers: 24 Months+

Birthmark progress?

Just wondering what other people are seeing. 

DD2 developed a strawberry hemangioma on her back shortly after birth, and it got to be fairly large -- maybe 3/4 of an inch and very raised and puffy. Our pedi said it would probably be gone sometime between 3-5 years old. 

It's finally started to flatten a little, and it's starting to lighten and turn flesh-colored in the middle instead of red.  

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010

Re: Birthmark progress?

• I am so glad to hear that! DD's is on her forehead!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My DD seems to of gotten a birthmark on her hairline above her left eye. Mine started as a little birthmark when I was little but its now a mole. I have hopes that DDs stays a little freckle like birthmark. She was born with a giant Mongolian spot on her butt and still to this day her butt is a bright blue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DD had one on her back and it went away by the time she was one.
  • We had a starburst hemangioma on our daughters foot that got bigger and darker for a few months...but has faded completely away after the first year. It was mostly flat...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS has a large on under his arm.  It has mostly faded, still a little bit red, and  is still pretty puffy.  The dr. said it would be gone by the time he is 5.  I am actually amazed at how much better it is already.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Tim has had a red strawberry like mark between his eyes since he was born that is ever so slowly fading away. Nick has one right above his eye. Both are flat to the skin and look like small blemishes.
  • My DD has a flat, tan, rectangle shaped one on the back of her arm.  It gets bigger the bigger she gets.  It is barely noticeable though.

My sister had a strawberry birthmark on her arm at her elbow.  It blew up to the size of a golf ball by the time she was a year.  After that is started to fade and flatten out.  It looks like a golf ball sized burn scar on her arm now (she's 24). 

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • DD has a hemangioma on her back, its never been bigger than the size of a dime... it is definatley fading from the inside out.  I think I will be sad if it ever goes away completely!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My DD has one on her arm about the size of a playing card.  At its worst, it was very solid, deep red and slightly red, but amazingly, it looks like a brush burn now.  Honestly, you can hardly notice it.  It went away pretty quickly between 6 months and a year, but I haven't noticed much more change since then.  I would be ok with it staying the way it is though at this point.  It really bothered me in the beginning.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"