4 Weeks Pregnant

My Dr told me I was Pregnant but I am confused

So on Tuesday, I got the great news that we are pregnant from our Dr.  We were overjoyed.  It was a little odd bc I think that I was still having my period but the Dr put me on prometrium bc of my low preogest. levels .  I was told that I have to go in every 2 days to get an HCG test until my ultrasound.  When the nurse called me today to tell me that my levels are still going up, she said that I was one week pregnant.  Don't you have to be 4 weeks in order to get a positive test?  Sorry I am new at this and after all of my research it said that a positive test comes at 4 weeks?  Help...I am excited but confused LOL

Thanks!~ 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My Dr told me I was Pregnant but I am confused

• If you were really "1" week pregnant you would be on your period and hadn't even conceived yet. Not to mention you wouldn't even be producing HCG, the pregnancy hormone. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • You asked this on the Nest GP board yesterday. Why are you still confused?

• Loading the player...
  • If the doctor is doing a blood hCG test it will show positive after three days. I've even seen a urine test show positive and the blood work come back showing they are eleven days along. I work at an OB/GYN office.

Congratulations.

• Maybe the nurse meant you are three weeks pregnant, but the baby is one week old after conception?
    image    image    image    image

• Maybe the nurse meant you are three weeks pregnant, but the baby is one week old after conception?
    I second this. I got a positive test at 3 weeks 4 days, and then got a positive a day later at the
    doctor's office. You could have also ovulated earlier than the regular CD 14. Congrats and good luck.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#1 BFP 26/May/2013 EDD 27/Jan/2014 MC at 5 weeks, 2 days 
    #2 BFP 04/Aug/2013 EDD April 18th, 2014. Baby M born May 2, 2014.

• I'm sure she just meant you conceived one week ago, putting you at 3 weeks pregnant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"