Parenting after 35

Because it IS slow...

it's been a while, let's keep up the questions.

Do you have a pet(s)?

Does your LO  have a lovey? If so, what is it?

What are your Summer plans?

What's your favorite Summer food?

Are you happy with where you live? Home? Town?

Re: Because it IS slow...

• imagestever:

Do you have a pet(s)? Yes, a cat.

Does your LO  have a lovey? If so, what is it? Yes, a stuffed cat.

What are your Summer plans? Maybe one short road trip and giving birth. Will host MIL for  2.5 weeks around when DS2 is due.

What's your favorite Summer food?BBQ and salads, every kind of salad.

Are you happy with where you live? Home? Town? Yes and yes. 

• Do you have a pet(s)?  Yes, the beautiful white feline who is my avatar.

Does your LO have a lovey? If so, what is it?   No.  I've been told this is a "good" thing? 

What are your Summer plans?   We don't really have any plans...hopefully a few trips to the beach.

What's your favorite Summer food?  Strawberries with Cool Whip!

Are you happy with where you live? Home? Town?  While I like my town, the cost of living here is crazy.  If our parents weren't here, we'd fly the coop and move south.  We currently live in a townhouse and I cannot wait to live in a house with a yard for DS.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagestever:

Do you have a pet(s)? No.  But DD wants a dog so maybe soon.

Does your LO  have a lovey? If so, what is it? A blanket.

What are your Summer plans? Going to a family wedding in upstate NY, maybe a short trip to visit a high school friend.

What's your favorite Summer food? Anything grilled

Are you happy with where you live? Home? Town? Love the town but would like a different home.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Do you have a pet(s)? A calico cat named Miss Piggy. Same personality as the Muppet.

Does your LO have a lovey? If so, what is it? Minky soft blanket with satin edging. The others all have knit blankets that they snuggle with, even L.

What are your Summer plans? L, T and E are competing in swimming again this summer, so weekends out to competitions and maybe a camping trip. No big trip this year.

What's your favorite Summer food? Corn on the cob and barbecued meat of any kind.

Are you happy with where you live? Home? Town? Yes, finally. Loved our old town, and love the new town. It was the house that wasn't working for us. I like our space now.

• IlumineIlumine member

Do you have a pet(s)?

Yes, we have a 13 yo Westhighland Terrier, a 10 yo Corgi/JRT mix and a 1yo Siamese cat

Does your LO have a lovey? If so, what is it?

Yes she does.  She has a blanket "B" that my friend made for her (there were 5 made JIC).  Its the waffle material with satin trim and straps (the straps were to tie to the stroller, but they are used for comfort).

We are retiring from the Air Force and currently live in Germany.  So we are getting our last minute local trips and one big trip to France in before we move back.  Then its 2 weeks in Maine to visit my DH's family and then moving to our house in FL.

Any/All fresh summer fruits (other than watermelon), epsecially the berries.

I wont talk about our house in Germany because we are almost out of there.  But I will talk about our house in FL. 

For the most part, I love the house.  The layout works for us, except for the fact that its only a 3 bedroom.  When we bought it, we did not have custody of SS and we did not have my 3yo DD.  So its now very tight.

Also, when we purchased, the neighborhood wasnt fenced in.  Now, our kids would have to go out onto a major highway to get to the LARGE neighborhood behind us.  With no little ones in our track of 11 houses and no easy access to other kids...I am going to be doing a lot of driving for the kids to socialize.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg

• Do you have a pet(s)? We have two 16 year old cats, Clifford and Tilly. 

Does your LO  have a lovey? If so, what is it? She has recently become attached to an Anais and Aden blanket with catipilliars on it. No other pattern will do.

What are your Summer plans? I plan on spending lots of time at the pool, and then we will spend a week or two at my parents' summer house in Maine. We will also go fruit picking a few times. I am trying to decide about summer music class.

What's your favorite Summer food? Tomatoes, watermelon,  and cherries are a few. I love food during the summer in general. I have been known to eat record amounts of fruit.

Are you happy with where you live? Home? Town?  My house is small, but our mortgage is low and it works for us, for now. We live where we can walk almost everywhere. I love it. I am already worried about middle school though. Hopefully there will be options, but it will be here before we know it.

• Do you have a pet(s)?

We had 2 boxers - one just passed away 3 weeks ago from cancer (it was blessedly quick, 3 weeks from fine to deceased).  We now have 1 boxer - she's a 2 year old white girl with a black eye.

Do boobs count?  (warning - potential TMI) At night when he nurses he rubs the one he's not nursing from and finds the nipple and rolls it between his fingers.  taking it away results in a fit.  This may be a hard habit to break later but anything for sleep right now.

I have a daughter graduating high school in June, a son turning 1 in July and another son playing elite baseball in between all of that...I'd like to sneak a little get away in there but I highly doubt it's going to happen.

Fresh fruit and charred meat!!

I hate our house and our neighborhood.  We moved into the house because we could afford it and planned to remodel it (3 bedroom, ONE bath...Zoinks it's a pain) and we travel to other places for socializing.  8 years later we still havent' remodeled and barely keep things together because we're "about to remodel".  It's clean and tidy but needs drastic updating.  The town is very low class and crime ridden which we knew but it's gotten SO much worse (or I'm less tolerating) in 8 years.  The prices of houses in my area (Seattle) are so completely out of control that it makes it difficult to afford something reasonable. 

• jlw2505jlw2505 member

Do you have a pet(s)? an 8month old Golden Doodle names Skittles

Does your LO  have a lovey? If so, what is it? DD#2 has a small blankie

What are your Summer plans? working?  A family vacation in northern MI with my side of the family, lots of day trip type things on the weekends, family camp at the camp my DH went to as a kid

What's your favorite Summer food? I love summer fruit - all those yummy berries

Are you happy with where you live? Home? Town? not really, would love to move to a new house, even a new state but neither are likely to happen.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Do you have a pet(s)?   A 17 year old arthritic tiger/siamese named Chloe.  Once she passes, we plan to be pet free for a while.  Tired of the mess.

Does your LO  have a lovey? If so, what is it?  He has a white Build a Bear teddy named Snowy Bear.  He's also latched on to a smaller "old style" pooh bear he calls Brown Bear.   He also has his FB Seahorse.   Gotta have all three.  Oh, and his big fleece polar bear blanket and pillow set.  Ugh.  I dread travelling with all of this entourage.

What are your Summer plans?  A few local day trips around Colorado.  Probably Denver Zoo and Butterfly Pavillion at some point.  Maybe Georgetown Loop trainride.   In July we'll road trip to Iowa for a friend's anniversary party. Then our usual Labor Day roadie to Spirit Lake Iowa.    We do love our road trips.

What's your favorite Summer food?   Anytying grilled and fresh fruit. I hate cooking in the summer.

Are you happy with where you live? Home? Town?    Love love love our house and love Colorado Springs.   Wish we had the funds to finish the basement tho.

• Do you have a pet(s)?  None at the moment.

Does your LO have a lovey? If so, what is it?   Nope.  Same as Strunella -- I've been told this is a "good" thing? 

What are your Summer plans?   Vegas in August for my brother's 20th wedding vow renewals!

What's your favorite Summer food?  Corn on the cob; Salt potatoes, grilled meats! 

Are you happy with where you live? Home? Town?  yes and yes; fairly new neighborhood...just missing the tall, leafy trees.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • VincentVincent member

Do you have a pet(s)?  Currently 1 cat age 12

Does your LO  have a lovey? If so, what is it?  Pacifier, if that counts?..we pretty much have  a pacifier in every room, car and bag?.

What are your Summer plans? 1 week up north?. Trying a child friendly amusement place. 

What's your favorite Summer food? Summer Squash

Are you happy with where you live? Home? Town? Yes, where I live? Home, no, it?s too small but we owe more than it?s worth.  Town yes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
    Trying to Conceive Ticker image
  • imagestever:

Do you have a pet(s)?  Yes...a dog and a cat...both of them are getting up there in years (the dog is showing her age, but the cat definitely is not)

Does your LO  have a lovey? no...she doesn't have any preference for any particular item.  If so, what is it?

What are your Summer plans?  no plans...even now that I have a baby I'm more of a spurt of the moment person (example...I just went to Phoenix for a long weekend that I planned not even two weeks ago).  And up until a few months ago, we thought DH was going to be deployed for a year in June and that's not happening now.

What's your favorite Summer food?  I just love food...my love of food knows no seasons!

Are you happy with where you live? not really  Home? need a larger, newer home with more than one bathroom and a lot more closet/storage space than we currently have.  A home that doesn't need to work.  Town? eh....take it or leave it.  I would love to be permanently in the Phoenix area...much before that clime.  My city has, over the last few years, consistently landed on various lists for various things...none of them good.  I work for one of the very few companies in this area that is actually doing good.

• imagestever:

Do you have a pet(s)?

One dog (Dora) and one cat (Harry Potter) 

CK has Aamah Blanket EK Nothing yet leaning toward blanket rabbit 

Nothing exciting....beach mosty 

Ice Cream from the Mr. Softee truck (please don't ruin t for me by reminding me of the germs) 

No. Yes.  Renting from in-laws and house is a wreck so I want my own place. Have grown to love the area but prices are a little out of what we have for 20% down 

• Do you have a pet(s)? Yes, a cat.

Does your LO  have a lovey? If so, what is it? Not yet, but I am sure he/she will.

What are your Summer plans? Nothing, enjoying pregnancy and gardening.

What's your favorite Summer food? Pasta salad

Are you happy with where you live? Home? Town? I am happy where we live. We might have to move at some point. There is a not so nice area right next to where we live. DH is worried about our kid taking the bus with the other kids in the "bad" area. We will see...

• Late to this but it's been CRAZY here!

Do you have a pet(s)?  Yes, a dog named Casey.

Does your LO  have a lovey? If so, what is it? Sadly his lovies are his pacifiers. I need to end that soon.

What are your Summer plans? Nothing much since DH got a new job and won't have vacation time until the Fall.  Maybe a weekend getaway with DS.

What's your favorite Summer food? Fresh fruit (ie. peaches) and corn-on-the-cob!

Are you happy with where you live? Home? Town? Meh... it's centrally located and is OK, but I wish we were able to afford someplace else. Hopefully in a few years.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • KL777KL777 member

Pets?
    Yes, a small dog

LO have a lovey?
    Yes, a teddybear

Summer plans?
    Fun, fun, fun, and more fun :-)  A lot of typical summer stuff, water, beaches, zoo, family reunion,  etc.

Fav Summer Food?
    BBQ ribs!

Happy with with home and town?
    Nice home but would like a bit more room. Great town!...warm and plenty of things to do.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"