April 2012 Moms

worst part of recovery...

From my c/s is DEFINITELY the sneezing. Omg that's painful. I can handle everything else. I'm trying so hard not to sneeze. I've done it twice now.

what's bugging you the most?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: worst part of recovery...

• Mine is that DS likes to stand/lay against me belly to belly and kick his little feet into my c-section scar. Man, that still hurts and it has been almost 4 weeks. I still take advil all the time. At first coughing and going up and down stairs really sucked.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Definitely the coughing!! Of course I developed a cough after surgery, yuck.  I seriously would clutch my stomach in anticipation because pressure seemed to ease the pain.

Also, getting out of bed is a close second.  I needed DH to pull me up for a week.  

• Loading the player...
  • Yep sneezing or laughing really hard is the worst. Or if I have my hands full with the baby and a bottle or whatever and having to use my stomach muscles to get up out of a chair. that hurts

imagepregnancy
  • It's driving me crazy that I'm still bleeding 4 weeks post-CS. I've also basically been having intermittent period-like cramping to go along with it, particularly when my babies are crying. I am so ready to not be bleeding. A six-week "period" is so not cool.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's been over 3 years since my c-section and I squirmed when I read this. Sneezing, laughing, coughing, etc. were so brutal. Hang in there, it gets better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It hurt the stiched up vag to sneeze or cough too. Mine is doing better now apparently thanks to all Tue scar tissue I had.
  • imageerniebufflo:
    It's driving me crazy that I'm still bleeding 4 weeks post-CS. I've also basically been having intermittent period-like cramping to go along with it, particularly when my babies are crying. I am so ready to not be bleeding. A six-week "period" is so not cool.

This! I am over the bleeding. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Spinal headaches from the epidural. I just got back from the hospital from getting a blood patch. So it's back to the couch for me...*sigh*
  • I had a vaginal delivery and I don't feel as bad as I thought I would. But I have had the runs since dd was born and I'm so over it. It bothers my stitches and burns. I love my peri bottle and epi foam and glad Im not constipated. Sneezing scares me with my stitches too. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Sneezing is the worst, or try blowing your nose ugh. One thing that was horrible the first few days as well was figuring out how to get in and out of bed without feeling the stitched area, at first it hurt like crazy. I've figured out that if I get in and out with a pillow between my knees it doesn't hurt as bad.
    #1-BFP 08-22-09 ~ M/C 08-31-09 at 5 weeks 6 days
    #2-BFP 08-6-11 ~ Due 04/18 ~ born via c-section April 22, 2012
    My Blog
  • Vaginal delivery here with a third degree tear...and very constipated.  The bm attempts are painful!  And the backache from the epi is no fun either. I tried to go for a walk last night and dang I was slow and in pain. 

• imageoutrunthemoon:
    Spinal headaches from the epidural. I just got back from the hospital from getting a blood patch. So it's back to the couch for me...*sigh*

Awww man I hope it works for you. The spinal headache was by far the worse part for me. A close second is pooping since I developed awesome hemis from pushing before they decided on the c-section.  Everything else has seemed easy after those two things. 

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

• I had a cold develop the night before my c/s and because DS was put in the nicu the only way to see him was to take out the epi and cath and be able to walk to the wheelchair and bathroom. I got it out 12 hours after surgery so I could finally hold him and kept having to blow my nose which hurt sooo bad. I'm doing well now but my belly is still huge (I had two people think I was still pregnant) and sore. My whole body is so sore like I have the flu and my husband caught my cold and is being a huge baby about it leaving me to do most things. The Percocet is causing some back up too which sucks. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"