TTC After a Loss
Options

do you think about names?

Do you have a name picked out for your future rainbow baby? I think about names alot. When I read a name in a book or hear one in real life or a movie I consider if I like it or not. Maybe this is just a way to keep me hopeful. Anyone else do it?
My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

type 1 diabetic for 7 years. Been on the pump for 6 years.

Re: do you think about names?

• Options

Names are on my mind 24/7.  I have had the same girl name picked out for about 8 years but now I am second guessing it.  I am always on the lookout for boy names because the ones I love are super popular.  DH has actually gotten into it too.

We don't necessarily have names picked yet but we have favorites on a list and we have 2 boy middle names picked. 

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    No solid names picked yet but, I think about it ALL THE TIME.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a whole list in my blackberry memo pad and I'm constantly adding to it.. I lurk a lot on baby names too..

It's my weakness.. I hope my future husband likes the names I've picked out Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageamidkiff:
    No solid names picked yet but, I think about it ALL THE TIME.

this is how I am, no sure names but plenty picked out

My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My DH has had a boy's name picked out since he was 14 he says....so I have no say w/ that.  I used to think about what I would name another girl, but after the mc I don't anymore. Now I feel like I don't want to "jinx" anything. 
  • Options
    No, I've never really thought about names. I think especially because of struggling with infertility and not knowing I was pregnant before my pregnancies were already over, the idea of getting pregnant is not a tangible thing to me. Thinking about names makes me sad, so I figure I'll have plenty of time for that once it actually works.
    imageimage After 2 years of trying with PCOS, 7 rounds of Clomid/Femara, and 2 early miscarriages, we finally found success. :) Due on April 24, 2013! Beta 1 (16 dpo): 477, Beta 2 (19 dpo): 1568, Beta 3 (21 dpo): 3560 Aug 24 - 5w ultrasound - 1 8mm gestational sac Aug 31 - 6w ultrasound - 1 empty 15 mm gestational sac - possible blighted ovum - Beta 41,716 Sept 7 - 7w ultrasound - 2 sacs, heart beats, and fetal poles - TWINS!! Baby A measuring 6w4d, Baby B measuring 6w6d BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We have 4 names picked out. Twins run in my family on both sides and with the added chance with fertility treatments we decided to have a few picked. They didn't go over well when I posted on The Baby Names board but as follows:

Kayden(I have loved this name since 2002, lucky DH loves it too.) Chappell(This is a family name, my Dad's middle name and the middle name for 3 generations.)

Braxton(I heard this during a football game and got hooked.) Micheal(DH's middle name)

Khyleigh(DH picked this one) Elexia(Heard is once and loved it.)

Dalaney(Heard this one during a football game and thought it also made a cute girls name.) Marie(My name)

Not everyone loves them but, that is why they are mine.

Me(26)DH(33)
    TTC for #1 since Jan 2010
    BFP #1 Oct 1 2010 MC Oct 3 2010
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011
    3 rounds of Clomid all BFN
    BFP #2 10/12/12 Beta #1 45.1 Beta #2 160.7 * 2/27 diagnosed with IEF in utero.
    Dalaney born @ 35w2d via emergency C-section due to Pre-E after 30 hrs of labor & losing her HB twice. She weighed 5lbs 8oz & was 19in long on May 26th 2013 @ 605am

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers   image

"Severe truth is expressed with some bitterness."
  • Options

Absolutely! We have a girls name picked out....it's pretty much the name we are going to go with one day if we have a girl...but I still do the same thing as you, when I see names or hear them, I toss them around in my head, and think, do I like that? DH gets into it too, because he will randomly text me names that he's heard or thinks of, to get my opinion. I think it's a great, fun way to remain hopeful. 

• Options
    I have two girl names picked out, including middle names. As for a boy, nothing. I don't really think about it much anymore as I know it will just make me sad. But we've had the girl names picked out since my first pg.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DH and I have had our names picked out since our first pregnancy...just praying we get to use them!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    My husband and I have a girl name and a boy name picked out. 
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • Options
    I think about names all the time and am always on the lookout for something I like...or something I despise. It's something I think about a lot!

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    I think about names all the time! I have a boys name picked out and have had that name forever... but the girls name is the one I am always considering.. DH talks about it sometimes too.. After my m/c I just keep praying that someday I will get to use them!
    "If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again." Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker Stick Baby Stick!
  • Options
    imageminicheezburg:

We have 4 names picked out. Twins run in my family on both sides and with the added chance with fertility treatments we decided to have a few picked. They didn't go over well when I posted on The Baby Names board but as follows:

Kayden(I have loved this name since 2002, lucky DH loves it too.) Chappell(This is a family name, my Dad's middle name and the middle name for 3 generations.)

Braxton(I heard this during a football game and got hooked.) Micheal(DH's middle name)

Dalaney(Heard this one during a football game and thought it also made a cute girls name.) Marie(My name)

AMEN to that...p.s. love Dalaney :)

• Options
    I do at times, especially when I am worried that a sibling may choice the same name.  But I try not to think too seriously about them.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options

imageimwithrebel:
    No, I've never really thought about names. I think especially because of struggling with infertility and not knowing I was pregnant before my pregnancies were already over, the idea of getting pregnant is not a tangible thing to me. Thinking about names makes me sad, so I figure I'll have plenty of time for that once it actually works.

((hugs))

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imageminicheezburg:

i am really into unusual names so I like all of these

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imageMom2anAngel2:
    I do at times, especially when I am worried that a sibling may choice the same name.  But I try not to think too seriously about them.

It made me really upset when my cousin had a baby before i did and used a name I had picked out (she didn't know I hadn't told anyone but still it hurt that she had a baby and got to use a name i had picked out)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

All the time.  I have a piece of loose leaf paper in my wallet with all our potential names on it.

• Options
    Unfortunately we were TTC for so long before our loss that we have one boy and two girl names picked out (first & middle for each). We also have other boy names we like.
    "For I know the plans I have for you,
  • Options

I've been obsessed with naming my children since middle school!

We have 2 boy names set in stone.  The hubs has no taste in girl names.

• Options
    DH and I picked out a boy name and a girl name before we'd ever even made our first baby. I love the names, and if somebody close to me ends up using one of them before we're able to, I'm still going to use it. I don't care if it's my sister or best friend.
    It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • Options
    Absolutely! DH and I talk about it all the time, glad to see I am not the only one!
    TTC Since Summer 2011
    BFP #1 11/5/11 EDD 7/22/12 MC 11/14/11
    PGAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • Options

we have a boy & girl name picked out. I had a girl name picked but my SIL got pg 2 years into our ttc journey & had no idea about the name & ended up naming her daughter Alyson (the name I liked forever Sad) If we ever have a boy my DH wants to name him after his late grandpa. they were big buddies. His name was J.D but we're not going to use the same names thats abbreviated. his full name was James Detroit. James will work but not the Detroit part.

Since Alyson is taken I really like Jenna Kathryn for a girl. Kathryn is a family name. I hope we all get to use the names we have picked out!

TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Options
    We have two very solid names for a boy and a girl, but that doesn't stop me from thinking about names all the time!  I also keep a list of names I like in a "baby" folder on my computer. 
    DD 9/2/13

• Options
    imageandreagb:
    imageminicheezburg:

AMEN to that...p.s. love Dalaney :)

Thank you!

Me(26)DH(33)
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011
    Dalaney born @ 35w2d via emergency C-section due to Pre-E after 30 hrs of labor & losing her HB twice. She weighed 5lbs 8oz & was 19in long on May 26th 2013 @ 605am

• Options
    imageblessedhope:
    imageminicheezburg:

i am really into unusual names so I like all of these

Thank you so much.

Me(26)DH(33)
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011

• Options
    imageminicheezburg:

So true! At the end of the day, it's your kids and you get to name them.  I have two cousins that are named Kayden and Khyleigh.  They are actually brother and sister so I think that is funny you chose them too.  And I would have to say those are my two favorite. 

I like the name Brooklyn Mae for a girl.  I don't have any boy names picked out.  My Hs dad passed away a year ago and we orginally were going to name a boy after him but H is not sure about this anymore.

BFP#1 02/19/12 missed mc 03/30/12 1st D&C 05/16/12 2nd D&C 08/17/12 
    BFP #2 06/26/13 EDD 2/26/14 Hoping for my rainbow baby!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

~~AL Always Welcome~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    panacea05
    I think it's awesome you have your names picked out and aren't willing to change them for no one.  However, I hope you get to be the first to use them.
    BFP#1 02/19/12 missed mc 03/30/12 1st D&C 05/16/12 2nd D&C 08/17/12 
    BFP #2 06/26/13 EDD 2/26/14 Hoping for my rainbow baby!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

~~AL Always Welcome~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageklbowie:
    imageminicheezburg:

So true! At the end of the day, it's your kids and you get to name them.  I have two cousins that are named Kayden and Khyleigh.  They are actually brother and sister so I think that is funny you chose them too.  And I would have to say those are my two favorite. 

I like the name Brooklyn Mae for a girl.  I don't have any boy names picked out.  My Hs dad passed away a year ago and we orginally were going to name a boy after him but H is not sure about this anymore.

I like Brooklyn Mae, My mom's middle name is Mae spelled the same way.

Panacea I am right there with you on not changing is anyone. I wouldn't either.

Me(26)DH(33)
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011

• Options
    Not much anymore. I was so in love with the name we picked out for our angel and I haven't given it much thought since we lost him/her.
  • Options

I love names. I had a baby naming book when I was 8 years old, and I used to pore over it. I also have several lists going . We have a boy and a girl name picked out, but I feel like my last LO was a boy, so I don't know if I will want to name another boy that same name. We never really "named" him, but I feel like maybe I did in my heart.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Blog: One Emerald
    BFP#1: 9-13-11 EDD: 5-26-12 MMC: 11-4-11 D&C: 11-8-11
    BFP#2: 7-6-12 Elizabeth Faye ("Zuzu") born 3-21-13
  • Options
    I have a few names that I like, but I don't have one name that I love, for a boy or a girl.  I have a feeling that if the time ever comes to name a baby, it'll take my dh and I a long while to finally agree on something!!
    1st bfp- 11/14/11 mc 11/26/11
  • Options
    I think/day dream about names all the time. If I hear a name I will ask DH if he likes it and add it to my mental list. While it makes me sad that I haven't been able to use one yet it also keeps me hopeful.
  • Options
    We have a few boy names we tend to always come back too but our girl names are all over the board!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options

Yes, I think about it all the time, I have a few names but DH doesnt seem to like any of them!

I brought up Lance last night and he said no.  

My favorite girls name is Emmalynn, but Dh and my mom both  Hate it!! 

• Options
    We haven't really discussed names. Even when we were pregnant we really didn't--I think because I knew in my heart something was 'off'. 
  • Options
    I think about names all of the time....I think it helps me cope.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"