Parenting after 35

Who is reading Fifty Shades of Grey

So who all is reading this?  All I can say is WOW!  I have about 200 pages left in the 1st book and am loving it.  Not that I could ever imagine doing this - I am just totally into this book.
Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 

Re: Who is reading Fifty Shades of Grey

• I read all 3 books. The shock wears off about 1/2 through the 2nd book. I enjoyed it up until the 3rd book. It just seems to be lacking a good plot. Enjoy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm on the third book. I have liked them so far. I take it for what they are worth - an interesting guilty pleasure:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My friend is lending them to me (Kindle) but I'm not expecting much beyond good sex scenes overall. I heard the writing was amateurish.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • I have heard great reviews and I read one really bad review. I bought the first book and I was not impressed with the writing. It's pretty bad. I did enjoy the parts I have read so far I just had to adjust my expectations and remember it's just a simple, fun read.
  • imageblush64:
    I have heard great reviews and I read one really bad review. I bought the first book and I was not impressed with the writing. It's pretty bad. I did enjoy the parts I have read so far I just had to adjust my expectations and remember it's just a simple, fun read.
      This exactly - it is a fun read, not a book you are going to read for the great writing or even deep story line although I am enjoying the story for the fun of it - not looking to deep.  I finished book 1 this morning at physical therapy and already have 2 and 3 uploaded to my reader and can't wait to see what happens.  I have to say, this book has made me laugh and some of it is so real (think the bar scene at the beginning and mom almost walking in) and those parts make it fun.
  • Reading it too! Just about finished with book #2. Although I agree with the other posts, it is definitely a lot of "wow" and THAT'S what makes you turn those pages not necessarily the writing or plot itself. One thing is for sure...I'm going to be very sad when I'm through with all three books...haha (sigh).
  • imagegiovanna92:
    Reading it too! Just about finished with book #2. Although I agree with the other posts, it is definitely a lot of "wow" and THAT'S what makes you turn those pages not necessarily the writing or plot itself. One thing is for sure...I'm going to be very sad when I'm through with all three books...haha (sigh).

I finished the 3rd one yesterday.  I loved them - the 3rd one dragged a little but I still loved it - just loved the whole romance, seeing it develop.  Not the best writing in the world but I loved the story and it kept me wanting more.  I am sad to be done with all 3 and I want more! 

What does everyone think of the way it ended?  I loved it (don't want to say anymore for those that have not finished it yet)

• I just finished the 1st book, but won't read the others. The writing is so "Bodice Ripper Romance" and it's like the author ran out of descriptive words, and the same thing is said, over and over and over. JMO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"