Attachment Parenting
Options

Ergo and Newborn

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I'm new to babywearing and need a little guidance. I have an Ergo and the infant insert. Can I use this right away with my newborn? I don't have a ton of extra $ to spend a bunch of carriers, but if there is something that is better to use with a newborn, I will. If it matters, I'm on the plus side, size wise and want to be comfortable. Thanks for your help!!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Ergo and Newborn

• Options
    Yup, you can. It comes with an instruction manual that shows how. You can also make your own moby for real cheap too. Find some cheap jersey and a pair of scissors. No sewing needed. You can find the instructions online. Between the moby and ergo I've never needed any other carrier.
    Eleanor 1/8/10 Harriet 1/19/12 Margaret 10/31/2013
  • Options
    We used ours right away w/ the infant insert. At almost 10 weeks, it's still his favorite places to nap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You definitely can use the Ergo from the beginning, but I really think a Moby (or DIY stretchy wrap for cheaper...or a Moby from CL!) is awesome for the newborn stage.

And actually, for the most part the Moby isn't great after 15-16 lb, but my 8 month old is already 23 lb, and he was sick last week with a bad cold an ear infection, and I pulled out the Moby for him then too...it is so snuggly and comforting and he went right to sleep in it...love our Moby. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"