Attachment Parenting

Anyone have a Boba 3G?

I got this carrier to use with dd to hopefully replace the Moby. I tried her in it today (she's a week old, and probably an oz or so over 7lbs.) and she seemed to like it, but I am not sure *I* like it! It seems like the shoulder straps were way too wide (and I am not little!) and even with the strap in the back tightened I kept feeling like the straps were going to fall off. Does anyone else have this carrier? If so, do you love it? Am I doing something wrong?? Trying to figure out if I should return it and get a Becco or give the Boba more of a chance.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone have a Boba 3G?

• I LOVE mine! I only got it when dd was about 7 months though so I can't say how great is is for a newborn. Maybe youtube some videos to make sure you're adjusting everything right?
    image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • You['re not supposed to use them until they're like at least 15 lbs. That's what my 3G instructions said.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Loading the player...
  • My instructions and the website say it can be used from 7lbs. That is one of the reasons I got it. 

I checked the youtube videos out and from what I can tell I am doing it right. Maybe my little peanut needs to grow a little more so her weight pulls the straps down some.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a 2G, which is a bit different, but I love it.  I am really tiny and the straps aren't too wide on me when positioned correctly.  We didn't start using it until after 6 months though.  I know the 3Gs are marketed to be used earlier, but I'd still use a carrier like the Moby at a week old.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • I have it and don't love it for this age, DS didn't love it either. I used the 2G with DD when she was older and LOVED it, though. I will say the place I bought mine at fits and adjusts it for you, so I haven't had any of your issues. There were two people circling and pushing and pulling straps, I couldn't keep track! DS loves the Moby so I mostly use that, but I grab the Boba if DD is being especially impatient about going outside or something like that.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"