Attachment Parenting

I don't know where to post this.

I want a med-free birth this go-around.  I'm wavering between Hypnobabies and Bradley classes.  Have you done either? Both? What did you like about it?  What didn't you like?  Did you accomplish your goal?  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I don't know where to post this.

• There's a Natural Birth board that goes over stuff like this often.

I took neither. I had a med-free birth. I spent my money on a doula and my Saturdays doing whatever I wanted. I'm not a class lover.

• imagetokenhoser:

There's a Natural Birth board that goes over stuff like this often.

I took neither. I had a med-free birth. I spent my money on a doula and my Saturdays doing whatever I wanted. I'm not a class lover.

I skipped right over that in my skim.  Thanks! 

• Loading the player...
  • I lived near a birth center my first time and took their Natural Childbirth class.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would see if there is anyone you know willing to lend you some materials before you really commit to a method.

My BF swears by Hypnobabies and shared her home course materials. I really tried to get into it, but it just wasn't for me. I was super glad I realized that before I shelled out the money to go to classes.

I honestly just went with the 'force of will' approach. I focused on the baby and tried to breathe through the pain and did just fine.

Good luck!

• I did prenatal yoga during my first pregnancy, and used the techniques during both labors. Definitely do research into both of them. You can buy the Hypnobirth books on Amazon, and I'm sure they have them for sale used.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• BFab11BFab11 member
    I took Bradley classes, which were great and very informative, but if/when I have another baby I'll probably go the hypnobirthing route.  DH just isn't great as a coach and I pretty much labored on my own.  He was there and supportive, but didn't use the tools to make me focus or relax because he was panicking a little, lol.  I did get a lot of great info and techniques from the classes, though.
  • I did Bradley and thought it was perfect for me. My classes were VERY informative (our teacher even brought in a real placenta for us to see, very cool!). I learned great pain management techniques and was able to eliminate any fear I had surrounding pregnancy. I would say I had a largely pain free unmedicated birth (I wasn't bothered by my contractions until 8/9 cms)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"